Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pistol brace ban: Who's the maker and what happens to the ones in dealer inventory

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    This is so confusing and effed up. I bought two "pistol lowers" that are still in the box. No upper, just a box. God only knows what will become of them.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Not confusing at all. Quite simple really, register nothing. A mere ruse for registration. Funny how fudds, pro 2a types, 'patriots', are all the same compliant drones. All will sell out to the atf for a $200 credit which will cost gun owners ALOT more in the future.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    Not confusing at all. Quite simple really, register nothing. A mere ruse for registration. Funny how fudds, pro 2a types, 'patriots', are all the same compliant drones. All will sell out to the atf for a $200 credit which will cost gun owners ALOT more in the future.
    I thinks we all get that.

Most of the people in this thread have been in the NFA game for a long time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Right!?!? But if I went through the same process a week ago I would be the maker.
    A week ago if you bought a braded pistol, you'd have a braced pistol and nothing else to do.

If you filled out a regular Form 1 a week ago, you'd be the maker. However, this is a special amnesty Form 1. I think what you're expecting is consistency. These guys change their minds as they go, so we're not going to get that.

Feedback Score
    Do not form-1 your legal braced pistol!
    The whole thing is a trap.

If they could do 100,000 form-1's on a weekly basis, you'll most likley be dead by the time they eval yours!

If you pic your configured pitsol per idiot ATF request and you get denied for whatever reason, now you're are a felon.

Free stamp for the risk of being a felon? Your choice.

If you want to run scared and want to SBR your legal pistol, then just do std form-1 for SBR and pay the $200. Std method means no pics, because you don't have anything yet, you need stamp prior to having the item, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    This is so confusing and effed up. I bought two "pistol lowers" that are still in the box. No upper, just a box. God only knows what will become of them.

PB
    Huh?
    Make std rifles of them, no regsiter needed. Or, do std form-1 for SBR and pay the govt your $$.

I mean, if you are worried about it, make them rifles of some sort.

BTW, you can still have a braced pistol. Use form 4999 to see if you have a braced pitsol or not (according to the ATF idiots).

The ATF rule is targeting what they believe are those who were trying to skirt SBR rules.
    Last edited by DwayneZ; 01-24-23 at 10:18. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    So crazy that the nfa item doesn't need to be engraved
    Nice looking candy. Free stamp, no serial, yada yada yada.

And then the bite of the trap.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    If you pic your configured pitsol per idiot ATF request and you get denied for whatever reason, now you're are a felon.

Free stamp for the risk of being a felon? Your choice.
    Let me see if I got this straight...You're saying that because one might "become a felon" because they're denied that they should just not register at all and...wait for it...Become a felon. lol! OK...

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post

BTW, you can still have a braced pistol. Use form 4999 to see if you have a braced pitsol or not (according to the ATF idiots).
    No you cant. There is no Form 4999...It's not part of the final ruling. Perhaps you should read the final ruling...

The ATF simplified the factoring criteria to the point that essentially all "braced pistols" will be come SBRs. It boils down to this:

If the weapon has surface area that allows it to be fired from the shoulder AND (any one of the following apply...)
    - Its weight or length is consistent with similarly designed rifles
    - It has a length of pull consistent with similarly designed rifles
    - It is equipped with sights that require a specific eye-relief which require the rifle to be shouldered to be used correctly (i.e. a LPVO)
    - The rearward surface area is created by an extension that is not required for the function of the firearm (i.e. a buffer tube on an AK)
    - It was marketed to be used as a rifle, either indirectly or directly (i.e. SB posted videos showing someone shouldering it)
    - Information demonstrating the use of the weapon from the shoulder in the general community (i.e. somebody posted a video to Youtube of them shouldering it)

This captures everything except a plain vanilla shorty pistol AR with a plain buffer tube.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Let me see if I got this straight...You're saying that because one might "become a felon" because they're denied that they should just not register at all and...wait for it...Become a felon. lol! OK...

No you cant. There is no Form 4999...It's not part of the final ruling. Perhaps you should read the final ruling...

The ATF simplified the factoring criteria to the point that essentially all "braced pistols" will be come SBRs. It boils down to this:

If the weapon has surface area that allows it to be fired from the shoulder AND (any one of the following apply...)
    - It is equipped with sights that require a specific eye-relief which require the rifle to be shouldered to be used correctly (i.e. a LPVO)
    - The rearward surface area is created by an extension that is not required for the function of the firearm (i.e. a buffer tube on an AK)
    - It was marketed to be used as a rifle, either indirectly or directly (i.e. SB posted videos showing someone shouldering it)
    - Information demonstrating the use of the weapon from the shoulder in the general community (i.e. somebody posted a video to Youtube of them shouldering it)

This captures everything except a plain vanilla shorty pistol AR with a plain buffer tube.
    If they don't know what you have by admission, you become felon how?
    If you just do std SBR form-1 for something you don't have yet, you become felon how?
    This ATF crud is a big trap. Do with it what you want, become Sheeple, or don't. Everyone has a choice.

There is no violation for operating a pistol from the shoulder, NONE. How one operates the firearm has nothing to do with configuration.
    It all fails in court once the idiot ATF dummies publish it to register.
    Last edited by DwayneZ; 01-24-23 at 14:13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post

Monolithic tube and fin brace with strap, where rear fin edge is sawtooth. Sawtooth technically has no surface area to shoulder with, each tip of the teeth are points.
    Once you do that, the rest does not apply.
    Sure, ATF will argue that if you press hard enough you might get some surface area. But then I argue that if the ATF idiots hit their head on brick wall hard enough, they might (might) become smart.
    The ATF BS is, well, many pages of BS.

Is it in the register yet, or are ATF idiots finalizing their final final final rule?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast