Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
While I would largely agree with that statement, I think a big problem with getting is that it seems that not many people run slug-only load-outs, it seems, but instead seem to favor buckshot primarily, and running a select slug when the extra precision is needed. The problem with that is now you need to run that drill with the slug select, which will realistically burn up quite a few seconds, which could be a serious problem if the opponent is using someone as a human shield rather than simply as a hostage for negotiation. There is also the question of what the sights are zeroed for; I would think that most folks would zero for the slug, but if they're primarily seeing it used a buck and zero for that, it could also be problematic.
I'm just a poor, I can't take 25 yard hostage shots in my house.

One of the most enjoyable drills we ran during our shotgun instructor course was the precision placement drill - 00B from the high ready (basically international skeet ready) on the buzzer at 5yards with a cardboard target in front of the metal giving you a headshot over the 'hostage' shoulder. Think head of a USPSA target. Generally under 1 second and generally the only marks on the hostage were from the FC wad. One of the reasons I use Brenneke slugs only in my HD shotguns.

Unless I'm hunting with slugs I see no reason for anything other than a bead on a shotgun. If you learn to mount the shotgun correctly, sighting systems other than beads slow you down within 'normal' buckshot engagement distances, IMO.