Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2023, what role does the shotgun fill today?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

It's 2023, what role does the shotgun fill today?

As we transition to more of a country lifestyle I picked up a Benelli (M4) to replace the first I sold to pay off debt and the second I sold when we found out we were having our fourth.

In the country, it just seems natural to have at least one for the variety of uses and the M4 with a T2 seemed like a winner and solid companion to my 6933.

Feedback Score
    I have given this thought and with the enemy wearing armor a face shot would possibly be where a shotgun would shine. [proper range etc.]

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have a (*#)(# of guns. I still keep a 14 inch 870 as my bump in the night gun. With flight control, I can keep 9 .30 cal pellets inside a TINY group inside my home Further, I have dispatched all manner of critters from modern day dinosaurs to rattle snakes with my 870. Just an amazingly handy and versatile weapon. Now, if I was going into some sort of street combat then I grab my 11 inch Colt Commando with suppressor. But the shotgun is like the j-frame --frowned upon by modern doctrine but amazingly handy in most situations.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

It's 2023, what role does the shotgun fill today?

A shotgun is a great home defense weapon and also great for pig, deer and bird hunting.
    Last edited by 202; 03-19-23 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can't help it, make fun of me all you want, but I want one of those:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

Please don’t. You’d be better served with a Huglu side by each.

Feedback Score

I don't like the pirate grip on that, but i've seen people run that gun with a pistol brace, and in that configuration it looks quite useable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can't help it, make fun of me all you want, but I want one of those
    I think the semi is much more useful looking than the pump version. It would seem handy inside a vehicle, especially with the braced PCC/PDW off the table for now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Here's a SBS version with the same characteristics. 14" barrel with 32.5" OAL

Attachment 69895
    I have an SBS 870 Wingmaster with the light colored wood stock and forearm. The vintage/John Wayne Sheriff look is the cool thing about it. I never shoot it though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I don't like the pirate grip on that, but i've seen people run that gun with a pistol brace, and in that configuration it looks quite useable.
    Per vid and others, all say it's surprisingly comfortable and manageable. With an RDS on it, one guy was very fast. If it's reliable, and so far heard/read of no issues there, might be a good choice for 25 yard and closer HD/SD. Don't see myself actually getting one, but I like it "on paper." Just wish it was not a Remington product.

Last edited by WillBrink; 03-20-23 at 13:20.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast