Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser bore sight

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Laser bore sight

Do these work? Are they accurate? I've got a new red dot and am not sure when I'll be getting to the range. I was thinking about getting one of these in the meantime.

Anyone have experience?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    Do these work? Are they accurate? I've got a new red dot and am not sure when I'll be getting to the range. I was thinking about getting one of these in the meantime.

Anyone have experience?
    It will get you close maybe around 5-6 MOA from POI depending on the load but they will never be a replacement for proper zeroing. Its more for saving ammo and time by getting you on paper but you will still need to fine tune at the range.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 01-31-23 at 22:36.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Depends on which one you have, how well you follow directions, use the proper parts for bore alignment and depth. Also understand that a laser bore sight will only giv straight line distance to the target.

I forgot which one I have but I’ve had it for ~10 years. I only break it out for stubborn rifles/optics combos. I can “usually” get within 3-5” of where I need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post

Anyone have experience?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one but never use it.
    I found it easier to just set up the upper with no BCG.
    Then with a 6" or so target about 25 yds away I center the target in the bore and adjust the reticle 1.5" above POI.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A good quality one will do fine at short distances (prior to any significant arcing of the bullet). Cartridge-style preferred (imo).

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just pull the bolt out and eyeball it. Pretty regularly get inside of 4-5" off if the barrel is stable and there's something to aim at at least 50 yards away.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Dude, I’m disappointed in you….you’re doing it all wrong!

Take the scope off the rifle, pull the bolt, put scope in back of chamber, power up, and then zero the scope from there.

Amateurs!

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I just pull the bolt out and eyeball it. Pretty regularly get inside of 4-5" off if the barrel is stable and there's something to aim at at least 50 yards away.

Feedback Score
    I can't speak for all of them, but the LBS-300C (AN/PEM-1) works great for all my military clones. Gets me on paper & pretty damn close to where I need to be.
    I learned to use this in the military, and even though I had to make my own targets based on those in the manual, it was pretty straight forward & simple.
    It has a 1mw red laser, so actually works better under cloudy/dimmer conditions, but even in full sun is visible out to about 100yds (with magnified scope use)
    I mostly use it to get a base zero for my A4 clones on 25 meter targets, but as stated above, you still have to confirm at 300m with actual zeroing shots/targets.

For the visually unimaginative...
    an-pem-1-insight-laser-borelight-new-lbs-300c_1_9465a1681645acd37e5e27c6957499d7.jpg
    MA2
    Last edited by MA2_Navy_Veteran; 02-01-23 at 14:01.
    ,——'ฏฏ';=====ฑ—-
    !‚–’ฏฏƒนถ
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I also “bore sight” long guns if possible (some you can’t remove bolt/upper and bore sight).
    Bore sighting gets me on paper at 100 yds.
    Depending on optic type, I’m usually “nuts on” in 2 or 3 rds using this method. Red Dots may take a couple more rds.
    Add; always looked at Laser Bore Sighter as wasted funds.
    Last edited by gaijin; 02-01-23 at 08:40.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Dude, I’m disappointed in you….you’re doing it all wrong!

Take the scope off the rifle, pull the bolt, put scope in back of chamber, power up, and then zero the scope from there.

Amateurs!
    Time to pull some scopes off!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast