Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vickers vs. V-Tac Slings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Vickers vs. V-Tac Slings

Howdy,

I can never find either on the shelf and ordered a Vickers. It's ok but I find the action not so smooth. Sure that's part of keeping in in place but I noticed the V-tac has what I consider better hardware.

Any opinions either way?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I use/have used both.
    And yeah, V-Tac has better adjust mechanism. I seemed to use V-Tac for heavier carbines/rifles.
    The Vickers were/are used for lighter guns. I seem to use Ferro Concepts slings recently.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I seem to use Ferro Concepts slings recently.
    Same here.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I prefer the Vtac as well

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I use/have used both.
    And yeah, V-Tac has better adjust mechanism. I seemed to use V-Tac for heavier carbines/rifles.
    The Vickers were/are used for lighter guns. I seem to use Ferro Concepts slings recently.
    I'm a fan of the vickers 221 even though never liked him. Have two of the ferro concepts but don't like the padding, prefer the straight slim line of the 221

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For a long time I have looked at every single sling design and was actually thinking of getting a BFG with every bell and whistle.

I just use magpul padded ms1s, its simple, the plastic hardware is kinda meh, the slider is easy to grab and doesnt get in the way and it keeps.
    You can chop it up to the lengths you want and if it snaps elsewhere magpul will still warranty it.
    Yeah sure "magpul" but damn some times I can find these on sale for like 20-30 bucks and they work really well.

As for the "storage" I just wrap it around the grip and it falls apart as I pull it out of the vehicle, no extra steps and it stays there.

I have tried to find a "better sling" but most people dont really know what they want in a sling, hell people still buy 1 point slings enough that people still make them and lose money off it.
    for what they are and availability is hard to beat, I havnt had one fail on me yet and im still trying to find something else that isnt an over designed or engineered and charged more for it when its all just nylon.

If you want you can build your own sling from the stuff milspec monkey has on his website
    Last edited by Sidneyious; 01-28-23 at 03:22.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I much prefer the Vtac as well. The hardware is a better choice and the fact you can cinch it so much tighter is invaluable. You can get a rifle tight against you to allow you to work or climb or what not. The Vickers by design has half as much adjustment.

Feedback Score
    Have both, happy with both, but have more Vtac than any other. But, to be honest, I can't be called a seriously hard-use owner when it comes to either. Love 'em, just a lot more experienced people than me out there in the carbine environment.

Feedback Score
    The V-Tac Street Fighter sling has a nice stow feature.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I am probably the least “operator,” but I definitely prefer the VCAS over the VTAC. I’m fact, I sold the VTAC very quickly and moved on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast