Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SW M&P joins the 5.7 club

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SW M&P joins the 5.7 club

Interesting rotary lock barrel system. I guess we will see how it addresses reliability.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Interesting rotary lock barrel system. I guess we will see how it addresses reliability.

I won't be an early adopter because I want to see how reliable this new barrel system is. IF it works well, this would be a nice piece of kit to put with my SS Sparrow can. Hope it works!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You’d better like the grip because I don’t see any back straps and it looks uncomfortable as hell.

Feedback Score
    I know 5.7 is considered a joke in a lot of places but I wonder if ammo manufacturers can or will invest time to make this a more practical round. Could a proper load development make 5.7 relevant for CCW or HD?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    I know 5.7 is considered a joke in a lot of places but I wonder if ammo manufacturers can or will invest time to make this a more practical round. Could a proper load development make 5.7 relevant for CCW or HD?
    We hear this all the time and looking at it ballistically it seems to make sense. I don't have experience with it, so I can't give a worthy opinion.

What I do know though, is that 11 of 11 people died that were shot center mass (1 in stomach)at Ft. Hood. 3 of the 11 tried rushing the shooter and were stopped with the center mass shot.

A joke...maybe...but none of those 11 would find it funny.

Development would be interesting for sure.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 01-17-23 at 21:05.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As the owner of an FN FiveSeven, I personally think options are great.

Although late to the party, it is good to see S&W making this move.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    There's quite a few choices these days. How much improved for SD/HD I don't know, but various designs exist now. Some of the non formal testing I have seen on YT seems like some designs may be viable for SD/HD. I don't see any reasons to adopt it for that use over what exists already.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I can't believe this round is still in existence. I mean... it's not the worst round in the world. But without wider acceptance, it's just never going to be economically viable.... except for guys who like it so much that they don't care about the price of shooting it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I can't believe this round is still in existence. I mean... it's not the worst round in the world. But without wider acceptance, it's just never going to be economically viable.... except for guys who like it so much that they don't care about the price of shooting it.
    I never got the attraction either. Good small game rnd of course and or for the very narrow niche it was designed for, but that's about it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I think a heavy 77 gr or so load would be decent, but all the extra cost and complexity for what over 9mm?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast