Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms Compact PLx 1-8x24 FFP ACSS vs Trijicon Credo 1-8x28 FFP

Feedback Score

Primary Arms Compact PLx 1-8x24 FFP ACSS vs Trijicon Credo 1-8x28 FFP

My 16 inch midlength AR in 5.56 is in need of an optic upgrade. This is a very accurate rifle and I would like to be able to stretch its legs to 600 yards. The PA Compact Plx 1-8x24 FFP ACSS reticle and the Trijicon Credo 1-8x28 FFP are the two optics I have narrowed my search down to, I just wanted to get your guys two cents on which optic to go with. The most obvious difference between the two optics is weight, with the PA being much lighter. The second biggest difference to me is the reticle with the Credo having a MIL based reticle and the PA having a BDC reticle. If the BDC is for 55 grain 5.56 (such as like XM193) then that would work great since that is what I mainly shoot. I like the simplicity (it’s also kinda badass looking) of the Credo but I really like the ACSS reticle of the Primary Arms especially with the built in ranging tools with wind holds. I also live in the desert, so having good illumination for me would be something to think about as well. The Credo looks more streamlined and simple in the reticle which looks nice but I’m afraid that the variables that start coming into long distance shooting (such as unknown distance shooting as well as wind) will put the Credo reticle at a disadvantage to the Primary Arms reticle with the ACSS with ranging tools and wind holds. Also the Trijicon is a 34mm tube (with a 28mm objective lens) vs the PA being a 30mm tube (with a 24mm objective lens). I’m not sure how that will play into things such as optical quality, field of view, and eyebox. Any input on these two scopes for a general purpose AR capable of going from 0-600 yards would be great. I plan on running a micro red dot on a Reptilia mount sitting directly on top of either of these two scopes as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went back and forth on both of these two before settling on the PA. Have you looked at the ACSS Griffin reticle? Along with the BDC and ranging capabilities, it also has a mildot tree. You can use that to calculate unknown distances. I’ve been very happy with mine. It was tough to spend $1500 on a primary arms scope, but I don’t regret it.

Feedback Score
    I don't have experience with the Credo, but the PA is a great scope for the money. Love the reticle and the glass is very good. Also, you mentioned weight, and having run various LPVOs, the lighter the better IMO.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    M193 at 600 yds (??) is “inconsistent” at best.
    I’ve never had a BDC reticle that was “ON” either, particularly with 77 gr ammo. Using Strelok I can get ranges for hash marks, but it’s about always some oddball- 340 yds/410/560 as example.
    Can you make it work? Sure. But not under time constraints/pressure.
    My preference is MIL.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I’ve never had a BDC reticle that was “ON” either, particularly with 77 gr ammo. Using Strelok I can get ranges for hash marks, but it’s about always some oddball- 340 yds/410/560 as example.
    My preference is MIL.
    Was your BDC made for 77gr? I think most are setup for 55/62gr factory loads, so it makes sense it won't be close with 77gr. My ACSS reticle is very close with the 62gr ammo i shoot, even at distances past 600yds. Primary Arms also has a Platinum 1-8 that has MRAD turrets so you can dial if preferred.

But i agree that most BDCs aren't as useful for those shooting bullets heavier than the 55/62gr they're made for.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Honestly the PLx Compact is the best 1-8 available outside the ATACR and maybe the K18i. It’s a fantastic scope
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Honestly the PLx Compact is the best 1-8 available outside the ATACR and maybe the K18i. It’s a fantastic scope
    I think you mispronounced NX8

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    My preference is MIL.
    I’ve had success with 4 power optics connecting on IPSC sized targets at 600 yards with XM193. Let’s be honest, what most people have a huge stash of is either 55 grain ball or 62 grain green tip. That’s why I was curious about this reticle is because I am assuming it’s probably for those 55 grain ball factory loads. Where 55 grain sucks is when the wind is blowing because at 600 yards the wind will push it everywhere. But XM193 at 600 yards is doable, especially with a good 1-8. Most BDC reticles will not be made specifically for 77 grain. They think about the common factory loads when they make these BDC reticles which is 55 and 62 grain.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I went back and forth on both of these two before settling on the PA. Have you looked at the ACSS Griffin reticle? Along with the BDC and ranging capabilities, it also has a mildot tree. You can use that to calculate unknown distances. I’ve been very happy with mine. It was tough to spend $1500 on a primary arms scope, but I don’t regret it.
    Do you know what height the optic has to sit at for the BDC to line up? You see all these super tall mounts nowadays even for magnified optics. I was thinking of going with the Reptilia AUS mount which sits at 39mm or 1.54 inch bore height.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Primary Arms Compact PLx 1-8x24 FFP ACSS vs Trijicon Credo 1-8x28 FFP

Quote Originally Posted by a1madrid View Post
    Do you know what height the optic has to sit at for the BDC to line up? You see all these super tall mounts nowadays even for magnified optics. I was thinking of going with the Reptilia AUS mount which sits at 39mm or 1.54 inch bore height.

Not trying to be an ass but if you’re asking this question, I’m betting your hits at 600 with 193 were luck and/or accuracy by volume. It can be done, doesn’t mean it can be done at all well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast