Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms Compact PLx 1-8x24 FFP ACSS vs Trijicon Credo 1-8x28 FFP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not trying to be an ass but if you’re asking this question, I’m betting your hits at 600 with 193 were luck and/or accuracy by volume. It can be done, doesn’t mean it can be done at all well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This DD barrel shoots my American Eagle 55 grain into just under an inch at 100 yards and yes I have connected somewhat regularly at 600 with it.... when the wind was not blowing. I already said that any wind pushes that 55 grain bullet all over the place, but under good conditions, yeah I like what this rifle can do at 600.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Primary Arms Compact PLx 1-8x24 FFP ACSS vs Trijicon Credo 1-8x28 FFP

If you say so. But mount height probably isn’t going to be a major determining factor in ammo matching a BDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Wake27; 01-17-23 at 21:20.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    If you say so. But mount height probably isn’t going to be a major determining factor in ammo matching a BDC.
    You can remove the "probably" from your sentence.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1madrid View Post
    This DD barrel shoots my American Eagle 55 grain into just under an inch at 100 yards and yes I have connected somewhat regularly at 600 with it.... when the wind was not blowing. I already said that any wind pushes that 55 grain bullet all over the place, but under good conditions, yeah I like what this rifle can do at 600.
    there is no barrel that can magically make ammo shoot better than it is loaded. 55 grain 193 clones do not shoot under an inch in any barrel. a barrel and ammo combo are good for what they do when you average your groups, not 1 group. when you develop a load that averages 2 moa, and one day it shoots less than 1 moa does not make it a sub moa load. somehow everyone online can put 193 clones into under an inch, but nobody ever backs it up with proof.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I am also considering the Primary Arms Compact PLx 1-8x24 FFP ACSS, but for a Colt CM762 (.308). I've never owned an LPVO, but I am intrigued and have been reading about them for over a week now. Seems like a good quality choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    C_Does hates the credo and after some looking around I agree, the credo for its price is garbage.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Primary Arms Compact PLx 1-8x24 FFP ACSS vs Trijicon Credo 1-8x28 FFP

This is the PA reticle for my 77 gr hand loads zeroed at 100 yards at 4x which should work for 600.

At 8x, I’m case your eyes are old as mine.

The Credo eyebox is a lot better than Primary arms if that matters to you. I’d go Credo all day every day without question.

I have very little 55 grain ammo, even less 193, because it sucks @ss. The vast majority of my stash is 77 gr and all of my rifles are zeroed for it at 100.

ETA: As it turns out, you may be able to use the reticle hash marks with 77 gr at 7x.

Last edited by HKGuns; 01-26-23 at 15:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A reviewer on YouTube, C. Does, has reviewed both of these and I think you will find his comments very interesting. His reviews are well done, informative and practical. He loved the Trijicon except for the weight. He also liked the Primary Arms Compact but noted that it does have a few drawbacks as the result of its compact design. I own an Accupower 1-8x28 and I can tell you it is one nice optic, except for the weight. If weight bothers you (it doesn't for me) then go with the PA. Otherwise, the Trijicon is hard to beat for the price, imho.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    C_Does hates the credo and after some looking around I agree, the credo for its price is garbage.
    But he loved the 1-8x28 credo and highly recommended it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Really really pleased with my PLx Compact. Have it sitting on a 16" zeroed for IMI 77gr SMKs. Lines up near perfect out to 800 yards, the longest range I get to occasionally shoot. The scope is bright, lightweight, has excellent turrets, the best FOV, a great eyebox, and has pretty much daylight bright illumination.

Last edited by georgeib; 01-27-23 at 11:17.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast