Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primary Arms Compact PLx 1-8x24 FFP ACSS vs Trijicon Credo 1-8x28 FFP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The PLx Compact manual should have the zero data for your 77gr loads.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Primary Arms Compact PLx 1-8x24 FFP ACSS vs Trijicon Credo 1-8x28 FFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    The PLx Compact manual should have the zero data for your 77gr loads.
    Well I’ll be darned if I didn’t learn something else today. Obviously you are 100% correct.

Didn’t know that, thanks for posting.

77gr are +1” at 100 yard zero, assuming 2700 - 2750 fps, which falls in line with my measured velocities.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-30-23 at 22:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    I am also considering the Primary Arms Compact PLx 1-8x24 FFP ACSS, but for a Colt CM762 (.308). I've never owned an LPVO, but I am intrigued and have been reading about them for over a week now. Seems like a good quality choice.
    I bought one of the cheap used 1-6 primary arms scopes as a sort of placeholder on my 308 just to try it out and don't see any reason to get rid of it. The reticule matches fairly well with 150gr ammo and optically it's like your basic leupold hunting scope. It's been on a couple 308s and a 223 w/o issue.

The PLX is japan btw, I think light optical works, GLX 30mm are Phillipines, cheapest stuff is Chinesium
    Last edited by 308TRUMPFTW; 02-07-23 at 08:44.

Feedback Score
    I have several of the PA scopes. 2 of the PLX series 3 of the GLX series and 8 of the SLX series with 7 of those being prisms in various magnifications. The PLx 1-8 I have is one of the earlier models with the 34mm tube and it's actually about an oz or so heavier than the Trijicon Credo but it's a great scope. The new PLX 1-8 compact is about 10 oz lighter. I don't work there anymore but if you have any questions about the PA optics, I used to answer questions about them all day. Last I heard, there is going to be at least one optic within the next year that is US manufactured.

The info posted by MrGunsngear and 308TrumpFTW regarding info in manuals for different bullet weights and countries of manufacture is 100% accurate.
    Last edited by LoboTBL; 02-24-23 at 17:47.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBL View Post
    I have several of the PA scopes. 2 of the PLX series 3 of the GLX series and 8 of the SLX series with 7 of those being prisms in various magnifications. The PLx 1-8 I have is one of the earlier models with the 34mm tube and it's actually about an oz or so heavier than the Trijicon Credo but it's a great scope. The new PLX 1-8 compact is about 10 oz lighter. I don't work there anymore but if you have any questions about the PA optics, I used to answer questions about them all day. Last I heard, there is going to be at least one optic within the next year that is US manufactured.
    What can we do to help with the illumination on the GLx 2.5-10 that blows for anything dawn and dusk?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    What can we do to help with the illumination on the GLx 2.5-10 that blows for anything dawn and dusk?
    The best answer I can give is, nothing actually. If you're in that window during dawn/dusk where some illumination would be useful because it just isn't quite light enough to pick up the black etched reticle on your target or game, you'll probably need to go to max. illumination and also go to max. magnification. Not the ideal solution in many cases. It would help if the horseshoe illuminated as well but it doesn't. The GLX 2.5-10 reticles are only partially illuminated meaning only the chevron portion of the reticle gets illuminated. In fairness, I'd categorize it more as a limiting factor than a design flaw. I rarely use the illumination feature on any of my scopes though I can see the usefulness of it especially at min. magnification on a FFP LPVO. The only AR I have with a GLX optic that comes anywhere close to a 'bump in the night gun' is my 300 BLK and it is the GLX 2x prism. That one has a fully illuminated reticle.
    Last edited by LoboTBL; 02-24-23 at 23:38.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123