Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do gen 5 Glock .40's get the new slide cut to curtail BTF?

Feedback Score

Do gen 5 Glock .40's get the new slide cut to curtail BTF?

The new cut on some gen 5 9x19 slide faces seems to have helped curtail brass to face from Glocks.

But is it just the cut or is another gen 5 change aiding proper ejection?

My main question though is: Did the Glock 23 gen 5 get these improvements?
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-17-23 at 22:55.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    The new cut on some gen 5 9x19 slide faces seems to have helped curtail brass to face from Glocks.
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm sick every time I think about how Glock Fux0red up the 9mm pistol. I got my kid a G17x or whatever that tan thing is called. It still does the brass to face bullsh1t every so often.

It's like they hired an American Mediocrity Engineering team to fukk up a good thing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post

But is it just the cut or is another gen 5 change aiding proper ejection?

My main question though is: Did the Glock 23 gen 5 get these improvements?
    I didnt think that was ever an issue with the 40s. Was it?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I didnt think that was ever an issue with the 40s. Was it?
    I hadn't heard it was. But definitely experienced it with a few 9mms. I mean... how can you even get the brass to hit me on the left side of my head??? Did they hire the space shuttle O-ring design retards???
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I had a new g4 G30 .45 (as in, MOST casings went into my face. Some went went right, some LEFT, some landed on my head or on the gun) and a G39 .45 gap that was almost as bad.

I've owned / shot G27's that did it, too. Several 9x19's of course. G3 & G4.

Had a G4 G32 .357 that only rarely hit me.

My circa 2006-2009 G3 G19 doesn't unless I use Blazer. I'd get duds (or light strikes?) With Blazer and Wolf sometimes so I don't buy that crap anymore.

Had a G29sf 10mm that got a few of those fired-case-lengthwise in the action jams. Dealer took it back.

But I digress...

I've read good things about Gen 5 ejection and was wondering if the .40's got the improvements, too.

Feedback Score
    The only guns I know of with worse ejection than Glocks are my Beretta .25's

They have NO extractor so they are excused. Tiny cases helps, too.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    For years I would shoot Glocks for a while and then just sell them because they had such pathetic ejection. Glockers would flat-out deny it happened or blamed you for not standing with your but cheeks squeezed correctly. If one thing came out of the army trials they apparently shamed Glock into finally addressing the issues. For a while I had no idea what had changed. Of course, a lot of stuff changed in the action between the 4 and 5th gens but whatever it was it totally worked. I haven't had BTF in a very long time and now I have a crapload of Gen 5 Glocks.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've had too many very knowledgeable gun store owners acknowledge that BTF was a real issue with the Gen 4 19s and similar.

But it seems to have been addressed, shot my daughter-in-law's 19x and thought it was a very nice shooting pistol. Though I'm a Walther p99/ppq guy still.

Feedback Score
    I've read a fix for Glock BTF is to lower / alter the ejection port.

Who offers this service?

Any pictures of a successful alteration that fixed the problem?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm sick every time I think about how Glock Fux0red up the 9mm pistol. I got my kid a G17x or whatever that tan thing is called. It still does the brass to face bullsh1t every so often.

It's like they hired an American Mediocrity Engineering team to fukk up a good thing.
    Glock perfection , yeah they are getting closer every year. LOL !!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast