Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do gen 5 Glock .40's get the new slide cut to curtail BTF?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I just checked my wife’s issued Glock 23 Gen 5 and it has the cut out in the breach face.

In regards to the 9mm Glocks, I’ve had zero BTF shooting all kinds of ammo. Most of the time my brass gets sent into another zip code when shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    The new cut on some gen 5 9x19 slide faces seems to have helped curtail brass to face from Glocks.

But is it just the cut or is another gen 5 change aiding proper ejection?

My main question though is: Did the Glock 23 gen 5 get these improvements?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As I wrote on here many years ago..my Gen 4 was bad about it when I got it. I fixed for $12 with a proper ejector.
    MANY thousands later never did it again, not once.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    well in the past 10 years ive never had brass to face with my glocks so **** if I know, also its a g19.4 and its 10 years old
    My G23-4 never threw a single brass at me. It did have a kaboom shooting commercial reman ammo that was scary…and I bought a KKM barrel to help prevent it from ever happening again. It hasn’t repeated but can’t say if the barrel helped…

I’m pretty much with you. I’ve have a lot of Gen 4 Glocks, mostly in 9MM and only ever happened with a G21-4 which Glock replaced.

I don’t doubt it was an issue. But some Glock owners are as fickle as Glock haters. How many times have I read that…

- Gen 3’s were most awesome Glock ever!

- Gen 4’s were junk! They are the red headed stepchild of Glocks

- Gen 1’s are valuable collectors editions

- BTF is a problem with every Glock gen 4

- G45 was a stupid idea and backwards…until it was shot…and now it’s the best!

Personally, I have mostly Glocks and am happy with them. I do some minor mods and polish internals. They work for me.

I hate Glock’s “Perfection” motto. It is arrogant and stupid. And for one of the most modifiable guns out there, it’s a point of contention that they need to avoid. But it is what it is…

LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Do gen 5 Glock .40's get the new slide cut to curtail BTF?

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    My G23-4 never threw a single brass at me. It did have a kaboom shooting commercial reman ammo that was scary…and I bought a KKM barrel to help prevent it from ever happening again. It hasn’t repeated but can’t say if the barrel helped…

I’m pretty much with you. I’ve have a lot of Gen 4 Glocks, mostly in 9MM and only ever happened with a G21-4 which Glock replaced.

I don’t doubt it was an issue. But some Glock owners are as fickle as Glock haters. How many times have I read that…

- Gen 3’s were most awesome Glock ever!

- Gen 4’s were junk! They are the red headed stepchild of Glocks

- Gen 1’s are valuable collectors editions

- BTF is a problem with every Glock gen 4

- G45 was a stupid idea and backwards…until it was shot…and now it’s the best!

Personally, I have mostly Glocks and am happy with them. I do some minor mods and polish internals. They work for me.

I hate Glock’s “Perfection” motto. It is arrogant and stupid. And for one of the most modifiable guns out there, it’s a point of contention that they need to avoid. But it is what it is…

LOL!

Meant to also say, the BTF with the G21 did suck! Not downplaying it. I sent the gun to Glock twice. They replaced it the second time.

Didn’t mean to put anyone down who said it happened to them…but I simply wanted to say my sample of about a dozen guns has not shown much BTF issues

Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 02-01-23 at 07:31.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    All my Gen 3 Glocks never exhibited BTF. When I started to transition to Gen 4, I realized what everyone was talking about. My favorite was when the bras would eject to the left, over the slide, in the opposite direction of what it was supposed to.

I own nothing but Glock 17 Gen 5 and soon to be Glock 45. Zero BTF with any of them. That cutout works. I don’t know how, but it works. Ejection is solid, repeatable, and most of the time I’m searching for my brass fairly far from the firing line.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    As I wrote on here many years ago..my Gen 4 was bad about it when I got it. I fixed for $12 with a proper ejector.
    MANY thousands later never did it again, not once.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I can’t believe there’s still people trying to gaslight us into thinking that the shooter is the problem with Glock’s poor extractor design even after they gave up AFTER 30 YEARS, and just machined a secondary extractor into the slide.
    Sorry, just never saw it as a Glock thing, again, as I said in another post, my experience PRIOR to the updates didn't register that as a problem with Glocks more than any other pistol. Additionally, for the most part, the shooters that I observed experiencing BTF were generally doing something that was responsive to coaching correction.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345