Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do gen 5 Glock .40's get the new slide cut to curtail BTF?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I've read a fix for Glock BTF is to lower / alter the ejection port.

Who offers this service?

Any pictures of a successful alteration that fixed the problem?
    That didn’t really work out. Apex tried it.

The problem is way the extractor is. Long story short, it lets go of the case before it get to the ejector and it bounces off the top round of the magazine.

The new breachface notch is part of altered breechface geometry and basically acts like another extractor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ive never got brass in my face with my gen 4 or 5, friends that shot them also never got brass in the face.

I have had one time where brass went down the back of my shirt but thats because the case bounced off the range wall and magically went down my shirt.

This brass to face is a new concept to me because ive never heard of such a thing.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Ive never got brass in my face with my gen 4 or 5, friends that shot them also never got brass in the face.

I have had one time where brass went down the back of my shirt but thats because the case bounced off the range wall and magically went down my shirt.

This brass to face is a new concept to me because ive never heard of such a thing.
    It plagued Glocks for over ten years and was near impossible to fix. If you’ve never seen it, you haven’t been around much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Glock perfection , yeah they are getting closer every year. LOL !!
    "Perfection" is a journey, not a destination.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    It plagued Glocks for over ten years and was near impossible to fix. If you’ve never seen it, you haven’t been around much.
    I e owned Glocks for about 10 years now so I'm not new to Glocks.

This term is new to me.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    At least with the 19s, I think it was worse with Gen 3 than Gen 4, and not every gun seems to be affected, or maybe as one of us suggested, it has something to do with the user’s glute tone, or maybe ammo, or witches, or planetary alignment. So some people will have never experienced it, but maybe read about it on the internet, where it seems to be endemic.

A friend of mine’s been shooting a 19.3 for a long time and has a good bit of ammo through it, and denies BTF. It was his only pistol for like 15 years. I’ve borrowed it for a match, and no BTF. But I HAVE had BTF in other Gen 3s. I’ve owned I think 4 19.4s….no BTF. Although I did catch a RMR with my forehead once. G26.4 with no BTF, although it never got shot much. I’ve got a couple 19.5s, no BTF. G22.5, only shot a case or two, but no BTF.

I acknowledge that it has been a problem, for a long time. I don’t know what causes it, or what Glock has done to address it, but it seems to affect some more than others, and seems to be becoming less common. It would be an obnoxious problem to have. It doesn’t seem to be a big problem in the SOF community; no one talks about it.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I e owned Glocks for about 10 years now so I'm not new to Glocks.

This term is new to me.

You might not be new to your Glocks, but poor extraction that causes poor/inconsistent ejection has been a problem Glock has had from day one until 2018 when they modified the breechface on the first G45s.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    "Perfection" is a journey, not a destination.
    And that journey can be a very frustrating, time consuming and costly at times. 😩

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    And that journey can be a very frustrating, time consuming and costly at times. ��
    I know first hand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You might not be new to your Glocks, but poor extraction that causes poor/inconsistent ejection has been a problem Glock has had from day one until 2018 when they modified the breechface on the first G45s.
    well in the past 10 years ive never had brass to face with my glocks so **** if I know, also its a g19.4 and its 10 years old

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast