Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm prices getting decent once again ?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    $259/1000 for 9mm now versus 300 60 days ago and 350-400 6 months ago seems like good downward trend. $200/1000 is my normal LGS price for S&B but I've been buying at <$350 to keep them around. When it hits $200, I'll grab 5 and start taking handgun classes again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After not checking ammo prices for about 2 months, I recently went to my go-to place for online ammo and was nicely surprised also at overall stuff coming down. It just cannot be said enough to load up on it when the getting is good.
    During Trump I was shooting full power defense loads like Gold Dots & HST at the range all day because they were $15.99 per 50 at the place I was buying from. I bought thousands and still have a lot left.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I know elections and panic buying has had a large effect, but I think the current prices are just typical inflation.
    Election, panic buying, shutdowns, labor market, metals market, a bit of a perfect storm. Then add typical inflation and you get where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    It just cannot be said enough to load up on it when the getting is good.
    Yup. And think in terms of cost-averaging your back-stock, not single unit costs. A case at $400, $300, and $250 is three cases at $316 or .31/rd.

During Trump I was shooting full power defense loads like Gold Dots & HST at the range all day because they were $15.99 per 50 at the place I was buying from. I bought thousands and still have a lot left.
    It's a bit perspective, eh? That was the "expensive" stuff then, and a year ago many were grateful to be buying crappy brand-X ball ammo for that and more.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    After not checking ammo prices for about 2 months, I recently went to my go-to place for online ammo and was nicely surprised also at overall stuff coming down. It just cannot be said enough to load up on it when the getting is good.
    I’ve never seen it less than low $20s in modern times. I wish I knew where that place was, I would have bought tons.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bottom line, buy as much as you can afford in your overall financial priorities. It isn't going to lose any overall value.

And don't complain here about being out or being gouged if you didn't heed this advice.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxySatch View Post
    Yes 9mm bulk is getting more reasonable. It appears to me that the cost of available primers have driven the current 9mm bulk ammo prices to be more economical over reloading.
    I can still reload subsonics for $200.
    If I went to 115gr is would be even less. I really dont see myself buying ammo again except for the brass.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Bottom line, buy as much as you can afford in your overall financial priorities. It isn't going to lose any overall value.
    We've never bought something that seemed like a good/fair price (at the time) where we didn't wish we'd bought at least twice the amount later. Wolf SRM primers are the best long position I've ever taken in my life.

Outback 69gr OTM loaded ammo is one of Pappbear's regrets. Extruded powder OTM ammo for stupid cheap by today's standards.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just went to ammo seek and saw .16 a round. I keep scratching my head and is this real?

Is this a thing now?

Edit post: shipping $249 why do people suck so bad. Just BS scammers, gross

Qty Subtotal
    9mm Parabellum 124 Grain FMJ by BPS 100 Rounds Brass Case 10 $153.00
    Edit products in cart
    Subtotal $153.00
    Shipping $249.90
    Taxes
    Sales Tax (8.1%)
    $12.39
    Order Total $415.29

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-23-23 at 17:53.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    You're probably already familiar with SGAmmo PB, they have S&B 115 gr./Brass Case 9mm at $ .26 rd. with Free Shipping in stock.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    You're probably already familiar with SGAmmo PB, they have S&B 115 gr./Brass Case 9mm at $ .26 rd. with Free Shipping in stock.
    Yes sir, I have bought a lot of aamo from SG. I bought a shit ton of S&B 6.5CM back when it was .60 a round. That shit is great to blast out of the MWS guns. Just load up a mag of 20 and rock and roll.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12