Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight QC?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Streamlight QC?

I know people love their Streamlights, but…..this is the 2nd time…..same problem!
    The clicky tail cap will Not thread on! I cannot even get the threads on the body, near the threads inside the tail cap! You can see where the anodizing is wearing off from me attempting to screw on the tail cap.
    What a flipping joke! Anyone can say what they want about other brands of lights, but I’ve never seen this bs with any other brand, including Olight! And I flipping hate Olights!
    The only fix for this…if it’s similar to the other one, is to remove anodizing….and file the threads down on the light body!
    I think Streamlight may have gotten infected with the “China virus”.

Last edited by camoman; 01-19-23 at 15:26.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't get it. When you bought the light it surely came assembled no?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Two switches took a shit, on two different hlx’s. I ordered both as replacements. You cannot disassemble, and repair the switch itself….so your stuck ordering a replacement. Streamlight switches are just junk….that’s why they only cost $9.99.
    Last edited by camoman; 01-19-23 at 16:48.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, never again! I’m about throw this thing in the trash! Something isn’t jiving with these threads. I have filed all I dare…and this is how far I got with it. Not by hand I might add…

This right here, is a prime example why it doesn’t even pay to buy cheap equipment.
    I will never recommend, or buy Streamlight again!

Last edited by camoman; 01-19-23 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is what it took. If this switch fails, I’m gonna donate both my hlx’s to somebody I don’t like…

Feedback Score
    Their customer service is top notch, shoot them an E-mail

My Surefire scout showed up with goobered threads, it happens.

For what Streamlights cost, you really can't beat them. If you want a US made light, you'll pay 3-4 times more. Want a remote switch, add another $200.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 01-19-23 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    Their customer service is top notch, give them a call. I've had Surefire's new, with goobered threads.
    I have already wrote them an email. It was more of me just telling them how disappointed I am with their product, then anything else.
    I at one time had 4 hlx’s, now I have one, and the one in question is my sons.
    After having two switches fail, in under two years…there is no way these will be used as a wml, on a weapon that matters, especially since they cannot even manufacture spare switches to the same tolerance as their own wml! Unfortunately…I now know why the Arisaka adapter exists.

Feedback Score
    Streamlight switches are known to be garbage.
    The tlr1 and 7s are great.

It looks like thats a wrong cap, the threads dont match righr and galled.

What did their CS say?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They are sending me a new switch. But, I think I’m just gonna go a different route. I have a 6P I’m about to send off for boring. I’m ordering V-tac mount, a Mcklicky switch upgrade, and a potted W2.1 P60VN (1100 lumen 72kcd)
    I already have three of these wml setups with L2Ps, and they are way better then the HLX.
    This is my son’s only carbine, and weapon light. I don’t trust it, as far as I can throw it.
    Last edited by camoman; 01-24-23 at 11:55.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I remember buying those Rubberized Streamlight handheld lights years ago. Definitely not the best product out there. Ironically, my cheap ass Solarforce lights are all still going strong in weapon mounts. I should have bought more of those things.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast