Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder , died, suggestions for replacement

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

My Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder , died, suggestions for replacement

As my title says, My Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder , died, suggestions for replacement.

Who makes the best bang for the buck these days ? The farther the better with a balance of cost?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wow, if my memory is correct, you haven’t had it very long.

I haven’t used it much, but I like my Vortex Razor HD 4000 so far. I snagged a showroom demo unit from EuroOptic for $400…it looks like the regular price is $500.

If I paid $500, I’d still consider it a good price.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Wow, if my memory is correct, you haven’t had it very long.

I haven’t used it much, but I like my Vortex Razor HD 4000 so far. I snagged a showroom demo unit from EuroOptic for $400…it looks like the regular price is $500.

If I paid $500, I’d still consider it a good price.
    yea, seems like I have not had this laser that long, really blows as it was fine by me. I tried two sets of batteries then nada.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’ve had a Nikon for 10 years that has served me well. Didn’t break the bank and registers what I aim it toward.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-19-23 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    PB,

I’m sure you tried everything but…Just to cover the bases, I thought my Kilo 1600 died earlier this year but somehow the auto brightness got turned to manual and was turned all the way down to where I couldn’t see it. Just one last thing to check if you didn’t already.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    PB,

I’m sure you tried everything but…Just to cover the bases, I thought my Kilo 1600 died earlier this year but somehow the auto brightness got turned to manual and was turned all the way down to where I couldn’t see it. Just one last thing to check if you didn’t already.
    Thanks man. I was hoping someone would have an idea. I’ll try to figure that out.

PB

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    As far as handhelds go, I'm a big fan of the Leica models.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a leica 2200b or something. I don't like the operation of its ballistic calculation features so I don't use them. I use it strictly as a range finder. And it tells me the temp. It works great and I like it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    As my title says, My Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder , died, suggestions for replacement.
    Did you reach out to Sig or send it in?

Who makes the best bang for the buck these days ? The farther the better with a balance of cost?
    Sigs and Vortex are a good value of price:function:feature. Very popular.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I recently upgraded from my Sig Kilo 2000 to the Sig Kilo 5k and love it. It has bluetooth that ties to the Sig BDX app, so you can put in ballistic profiles and the rangefinder will tell you your drops in MRAD or MOA when you range something, and it calculates the angle and atmospherics into the output. I've checked it many times against my other ballistic calculators and it's always spot on.

It's got great range as well, as i've had mine range over 4,000 yards on buildings, and will easily do 2,000+ yards on targets like trees, rocks, animals, etc.

I think it's a fantastic option for the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast