Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder , died, suggestions for replacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

My Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder , died, suggestions for replacement

As my title says, My Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder , died, suggestions for replacement.

Who makes the best bang for the buck these days ? The farther the better with a balance of cost?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wow, if my memory is correct, you haven’t had it very long.

I haven’t used it much, but I like my Vortex Razor HD 4000 so far. I snagged a showroom demo unit from EuroOptic for $400…it looks like the regular price is $500.

If I paid $500, I’d still consider it a good price.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Wow, if my memory is correct, you haven’t had it very long.

I haven’t used it much, but I like my Vortex Razor HD 4000 so far. I snagged a showroom demo unit from EuroOptic for $400…it looks like the regular price is $500.

If I paid $500, I’d still consider it a good price.
    yea, seems like I have not had this laser that long, really blows as it was fine by me. I tried two sets of batteries then nada.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    yea, seems like I have not had this laser that long, really blows as it was fine by me. I tried two sets of batteries then nada.

PB
    Maybe see if Sig will warranty it for you. Don't they have a 5 year warranty on electronics?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can add me to the Leica camp. My 20+ year old LRF 900 works as well now as it did when it was new. I only bought the Vortex since I know the old Leica won't last forever, and it's range is pretty limited compared to modern units.

I was looking through EuroOptic's Demo/Used section, and clicked the Vortex button and the HD4000 is $400.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’ve had a Nikon for 10 years that has served me well. Didn’t break the bank and registers what I aim it toward.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-19-23 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    PB,

I’m sure you tried everything but…Just to cover the bases, I thought my Kilo 1600 died earlier this year but somehow the auto brightness got turned to manual and was turned all the way down to where I couldn’t see it. Just one last thing to check if you didn’t already.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    PB,

I’m sure you tried everything but…Just to cover the bases, I thought my Kilo 1600 died earlier this year but somehow the auto brightness got turned to manual and was turned all the way down to where I couldn’t see it. Just one last thing to check if you didn’t already.
    Thanks man. I was hoping someone would have an idea. I’ll try to figure that out.

PB

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    As far as handhelds go, I'm a big fan of the Leica models.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a leica 2200b or something. I don't like the operation of its ballistic calculation features so I don't use them. I use it strictly as a range finder. And it tells me the temp. It works great and I like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast