Thread: Everything old is new again - return of the buckler

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Everything old is new again - return of the buckler

Adept Armor’s NovaSteel Buckler shield fills the gap left by contemporary body armor and helmet systems.

Rooted in Ancient History, but Built for the 21st Century, Adept Armor Introduces the NovaSteel Ballistic Buckler
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Love to see an actual testing video on that and could make a cool addition to my renaissance festival outfit. Actually reminds me of sledding down the driveway on a metal garbage can lid (all garbage cans were metal back then).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Adept Armor’s NovaSteel Buckler shield fills the gap left by contemporary body armor and helmet systems.

Rooted in Ancient History, but Built for the 21st Century, Adept Armor Introduces the NovaSteel Ballistic Buckler
    If they just made it a little larger, and longer we could finally cover the femoral artery which would only improve battle field survivability... Isn't this the story as old as time? I see Spiritus is releasing a Buttpack and chest rig pouches that reminds me of the butt packs and molle gear that were so prevalent in the 90's Bosina era, which is just an upgraded version of what was used in Vietnam. There seems to be a constant back and forth between protection and mobility and the problem is that you are never really going to have and equal amount of both.

@BrigandTwoFour has some awesome setups that signify what I was talking about.
    Last edited by Hank6046; 01-20-23 at 10:56. Reason: Clarification
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You know what? Thats BRILLIANT.
    If they made it about double in size Id buy one in a minute.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    hehehe
    now I can go around saying "parry this you filthy casual".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Let me know when we get back to using Greek hoplons, aspis and Roman Scutums. Hell, at the rate we're going, it probably won't be too long. The US Army has gone to using a weapon called a "Spear" after all!
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.