Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I tested a bunch of my handgun triggers by weight

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I also wondered how good these gauges are as well. Especially since , if I pulled quickly, it gave me lighter pull weight and difference in lbs not oz. Thanks for adding HKGuns.

Gaijin, I shoot my Sig Legions X5, 226's and Stacatto the most so I shoot them the best. I like the weight these guns offer me to compete but I took my Sig 365XL and was shocked how well I shot it at a match one night. But the bigger heavier guns I would shoot best. And of course a RDS is very helpful.

I do just fine with my HK's and would trust my life 10X's over with them, but they have more felt recoil and when shooting fast and a lot, I can feel it.

I generally get rid of guns I suck shooting.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I also wondered how good these gauges are as well. Especially since , if I pulled quickly, it gave me lighter pull weight and difference in lbs not oz.

PB
    My RCBS scale is not at all like that. Yes, depending on how you pull (direction of pull and where the scale arm is positioned on the trigger - not speed of pull like you mention) you can get a very few ounces difference but certainly not anywhere near a lb or lbs.

If I am consistent with where the scale arm is placed on the trigger pad I generally get very repeatable results without very big swings.

Absolutely love Beretta 92 triggers and how easy they are to tune! (talking about spring weights mostly)

Between the different trigger return spring weights and the butt load of hammer spring weight options those things are easy as pie to dial in to whatever a guy wants as far as the trigger pull weight is concerned. Brainless easy and fast if you have one with the dog bone pin (or have replaced the roll pin with one if yours came with that).

(may the bean counters that decided to put the roll pins in that place be damned to hell AND the fleas of a thousand camels infest their mothers arm pits for eternity. cheap ass bastards...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12