Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SureFire Bolt Carrier Group Analysis

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Ran across my data yesterday.

Rates of fire on auto. 20" bbl, rifle gas, XM193 ammo, carbine lower, indoor range, Pact timer set to give rate of fire.

895 standard BCG, standard buffer, suppressed
    816 change to H3 buffer, suppressed
    810 change to Surefire BCG which includes their buffer, suppressed. Note says "maybe less gas in face". (All are 5-6 rounds bursts so maybe not the best for detecting this)
    612 back to standard BCG, unsuppressed. Buffer not noted but I suspect still H3
    559 Surefire BCG / buffer, unsuppressed
    Fantastic data. Thank you very much, Ned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You're totally welcome....and.... lesson learned, once again, dear self, don't put out numbers "from memory". Wish I had the chance to test it again because a 20", rifle-gas (.093 port) top end on a carbine bottom end is not common and not where the OBC was intended to be used.

That 559 Rate of Fire was interesting....kinda made me wonder, what else can I do to get this down to Grease Gun rates. Not saying that would be good or bad, just interesting.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    You're totally welcome....and.... lesson learned, once again, dear self, don't put out numbers "from memory". Wish I had the chance to test it again because a 20", rifle-gas (.093 port) top end on a carbine bottom end is not common and not where the OBC was intended to be used.

That 559 Rate of Fire was interesting....kinda made me wonder, what else can I do to get this down to Grease Gun rates. Not saying that would be good or bad, just interesting.
    Additional mods to drive the ROF down were exactly where my mind went as well.

I personally would love to see a Vltor A5 system, with a variety of springs and buffer weights. Though that seems to be a bit uninspired at this point, with the ubiquity of the Vltor system such as it is today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234