Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint RDS + Magnifier experience

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Here's a crappy pic that sort of captures the doubling of the Dot. Dot is aimed between the 400 and 500 yard targets.

I figured out to use the upper/right part of the dot for aiming. This illustrates the lack of a precise aiming point at distance though...

Which Aimpoint model is this? My T2 definitely doesn't look like this with a magnifier.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What magnifier are you using?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's the Vortex 3X behind an Aimpont T-1 or H-1.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Aimpoint RDS + Magnifier experience

Aimpont T-1 or H-1.
    That’s why. Any RDS will grow in size where as a holographic will not, but that’s the micro V1 series major downfall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That’s why. Any RDS will grow in size where as a holographic will not, but that’s the micro V1 series major downfall.
    The pic doesn't capture the exact effect that I see. (and it's worse with other sights.. Romeo for example) It's like a double image of the dot.. a reflection or something where there's a second dot low and left of the actual POI.

At about 400 to 500 yards I just lack the precise aiming that my brain wants to see.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The pic doesn't capture the exact effect that I see. (and it's worse with other sights.. Romeo for example) It's like a double image of the dot.. a reflection or something where there's a second dot low and left of the actual POI.

At about 400 to 500 yards I just lack the precise aiming that my brain wants to see.
    I think this is a problem with the magnifier. If you look through the red dot sight with a different magnifying optic does the dot appear sharp? I mean merely set a scope behind the red dot on a table and look through it at a distant object.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I think this is a problem with the magnifier. If you look through the red dot sight with a different magnifying optic does the dot appear sharp? I mean merely set a scope behind the red dot on a table and look through it at a distant object.
    Why? It’s well known to be one of the major improvements of the T2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why? It’s well known to be one of the major improvements of the T2.
    Is the actual T1 dot shape as wonky as markm is describing? I know the magnifier can cause this, as I tried an open box Primary Arms 3X magnifier and it made a smeary mess out of a Romeo dot. Putting a scope behind the same Romeo sight the red dot was very crisp.
    Last edited by Disciple; 02-22-23 at 11:18.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'll have to see if there's another magnifier to check. Thanks for the suggestions.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll have to see if there's another magnifier to check. Thanks for the suggestions.
    I used a cheap LPVO set to 3X.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast