Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Riots in Atlanta

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Shoot the Molotov.
    The glass fragments might injure the peaceful protester. Lol.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...ALTZBNJ2GIRX4/

Gov. declared 15 day state emergency. I wonder if they know something they're not telling the people.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've seen the comments about "all the blue crime-ridden cities" and wince a bit.

Not that Atlanta has not degraded significantly... it has. But in the late 80's to early 90's had really been on the upswing. Downtown was a fun place, people largely got along. And I was proud of that point relative to other cities of Atlanta size.

Not that there were not still some bad areas, but gentrification was driving improvement, and things were on the upswing.

Since then like nearly all large cities it has degraded from a quality of life perspective. Not just in crime, but quality of life. Uncontrolled/managed development has taken what was a fairly tree-centric metro area with an active trout river flowing through it and turned it into non-stop development. So in that aspect... many of us think the "cop-city" thing was ill advised. Not that it should not be built, just that we should try to save remaining urban green-space and repurpose the large areas South of the capitol (defacto center of Atlanta) which are blighted.

The suburbs in surrounding counties still offer very pleasant lifestyles, though the demographics are drifting. Even in Cobb county where I life.

Is Atlanta politics woke? Yes, but not near to the extent in the other big cities in the news. The Atl Mayor and GA Gov nipped the interstate shutdown attempts by BLM/Antifa in the bud more than once.

They did let the rioters roam up peachtree for a bit, more than they should have. But way less than other cities. Some of that was blue flue due to a police shooting in the same timeframe where the Mayor fired an APD officer prior to trial. Personally, I felt the shooting was bad judgement if technically legal. (Shooting a guy in the back 30 yards away in a busy Windy's intersection, because he resisted arrest and took the officer's taser).

But the blue flue directly contributed to some of the followon events including BLM occupying an intersection, the Windy's being burnt, etc.

So I won't defend Atlanta and APD leadership... but will admit grading on a curve is appropriate. And compared to Chicago, Baltimore, St Louis, NYC, LA, etc, even the Atlanta Police get much more right than their peers.

I've ridden with Cobb PD and Marietta PD in the past. Even back then it was a tough job even in the suburbs. Would not want to do APD's job!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...ALTZBNJ2GIRX4/

Gov. declared 15 day state emergency. I wonder if they know something they're not telling the people.
    Might have something to do with the imminent announcement out of Memphis? That body camera footage is apparently real bad.

EDIT: Looks like it was a nationwide alert.

Law enforcement agencies nationwide are bracing for protests and potential unrest following the release of video, multiple sources told CNN. The Major Cities Chiefs Association, one of the leading professional law enforcement organizations, has convened several calls with member agencies, according to the group’s executive director, Laura Cooper.
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/26/us/ty...day/index.html
    Last edited by tn1911; 01-26-23 at 18:50.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Might have something to do with the imminent announcement out of Memphis? That body camera footage is apparently real bad.
    That might explain it, thanks for connecting the dots.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    "Cop City" attacked by Antifa thug. Dozens arrested, most are from out of state.

Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Jam cell service, block news helicopters, go full Kent State, burn the evidence.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Looks like it might be a spicy week in Atlanta. Protesters are promising much more to come.

Hard core lefties are already condemning the police for unnecessary arrest, abuse,... Cuz it's all the cops fault don cha knows. One SPLC lawyer arrested for domestic terrorism is being called "heinous abuse of power" on the part of the police.

I say the training facility is now open for business, time to start training these black bloc mo fos about goin to the slammer with a skull fracture.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    . Dozens arrested, most are from out of state.
    One from Canada, one from France ... wtf

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why aren't these guys a Terror Organization?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast