Thread: Lancer AWM mags

Feedback Score

Lancer AWM mags

These have been on the market for quite a while but I haven't tried them yet. Have most folks had good luck with them?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've had good luck with Lancer 20's. Bought a bunch (about 30 in FDE) on sale a few years back. I also have Pmag 20's Gen 3's and both are GTG, for what it's worth.

I also keep a several of Lancer 10 round mags on hand for load testing on the square range.

I prefer 20 round mags to 30's, although I do have a stock of 30's but they are all Magpul Gen 3's.
    Last edited by BobinNC; 01-22-23 at 11:46.

Feedback Score
    I have a bunch. Their greatest strength is they look great on the Gram.

Joking aside, mine have been 100% reliable. The do have a tendency to spit a round if you smack the base place really hard, but I don't go around banging on the base plates to induce it either.

All mine do this(I went slapping them around like in the vid) but in actual use, slamming home one a locked back bolt, during a quick reload, you'll never have an issue.

You really have to slap the shit out if it to make the round pop out.

I keep a PC with 3 on it.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 01-22-23 at 12:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    These have been on the market for quite a while but I haven't tried them yet. Have most folks had good luck with them?
    I've got 50+ of them and no issues from me. I wish the 308 mags were cheaper. Thousands and thousands of rounds through them.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Friend of mine said that they had issues with the feed lips rusting and thus causing feed issues at JRTC for the L5AWM, guess that wouldn't be as much an issue with the L7AWM.

I've broken quite a few of the little tabs at the front of the mag (forward of the feed lips) on the L5AWM; Lancer has assured me that the tabs don't really do anything, and I haven't had any issues with feed with them. I have had issues with the 25 round L7AWM not feeding when fully loaded and with a somewhat dirty gun/mag and using the bolt release on a locked back bolt, despite having Lancer clip off a coil on the springs and using a heavier-than-normal buffer and RE spring in my SR-25; the bolt will only go partially into battery, with the cartridge only partly stripped from the mag. This is troublesome, as the gun and mags quickly get fouled, due to the fact that I shoot suppressed exclusively; downloading to 24 does not consistently fix this issue, and I have not tried downloading to 23. This is unfortunate, as the L7AWM feel more substantial than the PMAGs I have, and are suppose to be more durable (PMAGs will dimple on the inside after high round counts from the recoil causing rounds to shift back and forth inside the mag, and eventually cause feed issues due to drag, while L7AWMs are suppose to not have this issue). I have relegated my L7AWMs to be practice mags and stick with PMAGs for my "duty" set up.

I am also a slightly leery of the translucent Lancers, due to what I was told about how they use an anti-solvent coating, which means that solvent resistance can wear off over time (I don't never use DEET, so not a huge deal, but I can see that becoming an issue). I also feel that the PMAG GEN M3 use a tougher polymer, in the sense that they would take impact better, as it has a little more give it seems. I have had an opaque L5AWM be cracked by a force-on-force hit (not sure if it was Force-on-Force or UTM), while I've only had that happen on PMAGs on the windowed areas and never the opaque areas of a PMAG.

Lancer had better customer service than Magpul in responding to damaged magazines; Lancer sent me a prepaid label for my damaged L5AWM and then sent me a new one after I shipped the old one back in. Magpul had me ship my damaged mag on my own dime, and then sent me a new one upon receipt of my damaged mag on their end. Don't take this as bitching about Magpul, I think that their request was perfectly reasonable, but more praising Lancer for going above and beyond.

At this point, I prefer PMAG GEN M3s in general over the AWMs. That being said, IME they're still good mags, and would take them over the PMAG MOE/GEN 2s.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a few, no problems. I have seen a handful of problems on the range that I attribute to the Lancer mags. I don’t put them in my rig, but I shoot them for training and don’t sweat it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im around 22 L5awms and not a single issue, all are the clear smoked ones.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    No issues with the few 20 and 30's I have.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    Looks like their translucent "smoke" 30-rounder has been assigned a NSN. I'm guessing these are in limited .mil use?

https://lancer-systems.com/product/l5awm-30-magazine/