Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else prefer the short, smooth triggers?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you do your own automobile maintenance and can operate a punch and jeweler's files you can install a trigger yourself.

I've shot 1911s over four decades. My hands are on the smaller side of "Medium" and I prefer a medium trigger and arched mainspring housing.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    If you do your own automobile maintenance and can operate a punch and jeweler's files you can install a trigger yourself.
    You can even fit it yourself. Take a little off the top and bottom of the shoe until is just right. I hate a trigger shoe with vertical wiggle room. (how in the hell am I talking about 1911s in this modern day??)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You can even fit it yourself. Take a little off the top and bottom of the shoe until is just right. I hate a trigger shoe with vertical wiggle room. (how in the hell am I talking about 1911s in this modern day??)
    Yea, that's what I saw in the videos. I'd call it a 4/10 difficulty level and setting aside a couple hours just watching the video & having never detail-stripped a 1911.

Obviously the second time doing it would take 1/2 the time and the third time 1/2 of that.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yea, that's what I saw in the videos. I'd call it a 4/10 difficulty level and setting aside a couple hours just watching the video & having never detail-stripped a 1911.

Obviously the second time doing it would take 1/2 the time and the third time 1/2 of that.
    Yep, I’ve done about a dozen and it’s easy peasy now. The first time takes so much longer because you don’t want to make any mistakes.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    I prefer the Cylinder and Slide medium trigger with the smooth face.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the Cylinder and Slide medium trigger with the smooth face.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Harrison short in all three
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Nice.

Two of those have something else I find aesthetically pleasing; barrel color that matches slide color.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Yep, I’ve done about a dozen and it’s easy peasy now. The first time takes so much longer because you don’t want to make any mistakes.
    I always use a dead flat surface (glass or similar) and a half sheet of sandpaper (in decreasing grits) to reduce the trigger shoe to optimum.
    Much easier (for me) to keep surfaces square/plumb.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Very very nice Rocket.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12