Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pic request for colors

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Pics really won’t give you a realistic idea at all.

You can order free samples from ceracote
    #1 If someone is particular, they need to understand that various lighting, as well as things like the color of the room the pics were taken in will come into play. If its studio pics, the light modifiers used will impart a different look, and that is assuming its a legit photographer who is shooting in a controlled environment with the camera calibrated to the lighting used at that moment (not just switching to AWB or Flash settings). At a minimum, a grey card should be used, though to be honest it should really be done using X Rite/ Color Checker, or something similar.

Add in to the above that any changes to the picture while being processed will offset values such as color, saturation, hue and tones. Now we also need to keep in mind that IF the photographer has also calibrated his or her monitor to be correct.... that the viewers will also need to be using calibrated equipment to view it correctly. I use two monitors, one for primary which is color correct, and then a secondary monitor which is auto corrected, and they are not even close to matching.

The best thing I can say, is to view images on an iPad. Apple does a phenomenal job of color correction with their screens.

#2 Color samples are going to give you the best choices, HOWEVER, you are going to want to view them in various light sources, because what looks great in your bathroom may look like total garbage in direct sunlight or shade.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Agreed. White balance and realistic lighting in photography is a bitch.

Too few take the time to get it right.

Then you have the calibration of your monitor etc…… Colors can be very different in person than what you see in pictures.
    Yes, yes, yes!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You can also add another variable to the Cerakote color equation...

If the mixture ratios are not followed exactly by the Cerakote applicator the colors can very in sheen from application to application from the same batch.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    thanks everyone

just going to go magpul green with fde grip, stock and hardware. should be a nice combo, may have them do the barrel fde as well.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    That’s some good info right there. I also didn’t know you could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Pics really won’t give you a realistic idea at all.

You can order free samples from ceracote

Feedback Score
    Cerakote has a gallery that is searchable for color.

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    I cerakoted this Geissele Build in Noveske Bazooka Green. Turned out really nice. Good luck with your decision.

Attachment 69679

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12