Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Performance Trigger

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Glock Performance Trigger

I’m surprised I haven’t seen this here yet:

Glock is now selling an upgraded trigger, the Glock Performance Trigger. Looks like its only available for 9mm Gen 5, but it converts the gun to single-action, 3.5 lbs with a flat face, for a C-Note.

Short Video: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...mance-trigger/

Read:
    https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/blog...rmance-trigger

Long Video Pt 1:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FhjuiDjrYrQ

Long Video Pt 2:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6amAxjJb4sI

Short-ish Video on Gen 1-4:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2P452uZ17KE
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    There are quite a few vids and discussions on other forums. Johnny Glock has a lot of information. My thought is that the jury is still out. I’ll see how these things hold up over the long run before spending the money.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Learned about this the other day. It sounds like the new trigger will operate more akin to the VP9 in firing. Looking forward to more reviews as I would be interested in upgrading.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    A few guys I trust say it is "meh".

Feedback Score
    I have a gen 3 Glock 35 with a 3 pound trigger, that I was able to put together. It has all stock safety features in place, and it goes bang every time. So it can be done. It is funny I put the Glock store 3 pound connector in my 3 gen Glock 32 and the best I could get out of it was 4 pound trigger which I am fine with.

I don't see the need to try anything new.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    A few guys I trust say it is "meh".
    I’ve been doing a lot of reading on them and it seems like they have the pretravel pull weight the same as the trigger safety pull weight and people are having to get their finger perfectly on the trigger, and some are filing a little bit off the trigger safety to get them to reliably pull.

I guarantee you we’re looking at V1.0 of who even know how many until they get it right.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, it is an improved Timney type Glock trigger and is the best pe-tensioned / cocked Glock trigger currently available.
    The one downside it has for myself and many people, especially those that carry AIWB vs the standard Glock trigger is, it is not compatible with a Glock SCD ( striker control device), which means there can be a greater *potential* for an accidental discharge upon re-holstering the pistol.

Also, while the new OEM Performance trigger feels really good compared to the **standard Glock trigger, when you compare the new OEM performance trigger to a *really good * worked on Glock trigger using factory OEM parts, in my experience using both triggers side by side, there is little to no meaningful on target accuracy or on target split times improvement using this new trigger.

I chose to pass on this trigger because I like the option to be able to use the Glock SCD (striker control device) to hopefully not end up shooting myself like the man in the link below, although he did it on the draw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747_rz-qE4w
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-26-23 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought one to T&E. It's definitely a change from a typical Glock trigger, no matter the aftermarket components. The springiness of cocking the striker while pulling the factory trigger is gone.

There's some light pre-travel where the only thing you feel is the firing pin block, then a short, slight rolling break with little to no overtravel. It's light, but I haven't tested it. I'd say 3.5 lbs is about right by feel. The reset is different and a bit weaker, but nothing earth shattering. Not sure I'd carry this honestly.

I can confirm on mine that trigger finger placement matters. Get your finger down near the bottom and no issue, towards the top you're likely to get some frame contact with the trigger safety.

We'll see how it runs. It's only a C note, so worth trying. I'm not sold on the flat face trigger. I know some hate them but I'd stick with the normal trigger face if given the option, but I have adapted to it and see no need for a change.

I don't expect any meaningful changes to the results on target, but I put this in one of my G34's I do a lot of work with at 25 yards and if there's a difference, it'll show up there.
    Last edited by mizer67; 01-25-23 at 20:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got one in and put it in a gen 5 G19. I like it a lot.

It has a tiny bit of travel and then you can feel it contact the firing pin safety. This portion of the travel is the take up or pre travel and measured around 2 pounds. After this the trigger hits a wall. At the wall there is what I would describe as a rolling break. Trigger breaks right around 3.5lbs total. I prefer for the rolling break for slow fire but I know other people like more of a crisp break which I read is possible by swapping out the connector.

Based on the design I wouldn’t have any issues carrying it and plan to do so. This is with the caveat that regardless of all the Glock safeties it is a 3.5 lb trigger.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvery37 View Post
    I got one in and put it in a gen 5 G19. I like it a lot.

It has a tiny bit of travel and then you can feel it contact the firing pin safety. This portion of the travel is the take up or pre travel and measured around 2 pounds. After this the trigger hits a wall. At the wall there is what I would describe as a rolling break. Trigger breaks right around 3.5lbs total. I prefer for the rolling break for slow fire but I know other people like more of a crisp break which I read is possible by swapping out the connector.

Based on the design I wouldn’t have any issues carrying it and plan to do so. This is with the caveat that regardless of all the Glock safeties it is a 3.5 lb trigger.
    Personally I hate the rolling break in a Glock trigger, but from what I've read it's impossible to eliminate it and still maintain a good level of safety against accidental discharges from drops, etc. That's why all the aftermarket triggers out there still have the rolling break.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast