Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Performance Trigger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Personally I hate the rolling break in a Glock trigger, but from what I've read it's impossible to eliminate it and still maintain a good level of safety against accidental discharges from drops, etc. That's why all the aftermarket triggers out there still have the rolling break.
    Is it eliminating the firing pin safety?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Is it eliminating the firing pin safety?
    I don't think so.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I don't think so.
    I sure could be missing something, but unless the firing pin safety is getting bypassed it shouldn't be able to fire from being dropped.

Obviously having the trigger fail to retain the striker isn't ideal, but the firing pin safety shouldn't allow anything to happen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It does not eliminate the firing pin safety. There’s also a hook that should prevent the sear from releasing the striker until the trigger begins to move to the rear. Aka the striker should not be able to be released from dropping the pistol.

I qualified these statements with “should” because if you look at the design of the trigger it’s pretty obvious how it’s made to stop the sear from moving down. I’ve also read about someone who was able to physically force the sear down and get it to release. These aren’t fitted parts and there is some play in the system. My guess is that you could force the sear down with a punch or something similar by bending or flexing the components. But this force is not something that could ever be replicated by dropping or hitting the pistol.
    Last edited by silvery37; 01-30-23 at 14:52.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I sure could be missing something, but unless the firing pin safety is getting bypassed it shouldn't be able to fire from being dropped.

Obviously having the trigger fail to retain the striker isn't ideal, but the firing pin safety shouldn't allow anything to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by silvery37 View Post
    It does not eliminate the firing pin safety. There’s also a hook that should prevent the sear from releasing the striker until the trigger begins to move to the rear. Aka the striker should not be able to be released from dropping the pistol.

I qualified these statements with “should” because if you look at the design of the trigger it’s pretty obvious how it’s made to stop the sear from moving down. I’ve also read about someone who was able to physically force the sear down and get it to release. These aren’t fitted parts and there is some play in the system. My guess is that you could force the sear down with a punch or something similar by bending or flexing the components. But this force is not something that could ever be replicated by dropping or hitting the pistol.
    Sorry I'm trying to recall something I read quite a while back. I could be remembering it wrong. The thing that stuck out at me the most was that a Glock trigger would always have a rolling break vs. a wall due to the geometry of the trigger bar and the parts it interfaces with, and something about a reduction in safety if the geometry was modified in a way that would produce a wall type break. Again I could be completely wrong.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvery37 View Post

Should is key.

I do recall hearing about occasional early Glocks firing during loading, but that seems to have been worked out 30+ years ago.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I installed one of these in My G19 and took it out today. The install was absurdly easy. Punch out pins, fish out ambi lever and block, drop in new unit, put in ambi levers and block, plus pins...done. Five minutes max. Probably 3 minutes if you have a second gun to swap one into.

It improved the weight of the trigger. It is almost exactly 4 lbs now. I would say it is the general VP9/PPQ class now. I shot 150 rounds of ball FMJ and it ran perfectly.

I paid $60 from Botach and it definitely seems worth the price (even at 99). The install is SO easy and the peace of mind of having factory parts is nice.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I guess it's time I break down and install this into my Gen.4 G17. They now come with the new Gen.5 slide cover so it allows them on Gen. 4 9mm.'s.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I had major issues with mine and have thrown in in the parts drawer. It seized after 300-400 rounds, and again at 500-600 rounds. I know of multiple people who have had major issues with them, including Ben Stoeger.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah they don't seem like they're worth putting into any serious "working gun".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast