Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Modern Movies Suck - They Hate Men (Part 1)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Why Modern Movies Suck - They Hate Men (Part 1)

This guy is one of the better movie reviewers and commentators, and funny as chit some times. The Hemingway of movie commentary and social issues as found in modern movies:

Last edited by WillBrink; 01-25-23 at 07:19.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

To some degree Hollywood gives society what it wants. If people refused to pay, the industry would become unprofitable. I worked for WDC off and on for 20 years and while the GenPub howls and rails against the Wokester/anti-American/anti-white undercurrent the company keeps turning out, they continue to pay for movies, theme park attendance, licensed merch, et cetera. The power of walking away is seldom excercised.

But another factor is that men in general do not behave like men, anymore. Not in speech, not in their deeds, not in how they dress, not in how they think, not in what they believe. When I review English language conservative press sources of late, it is increasingly quite painful to read. Adult males think and write like middle school adolescent females. Darren Beattie is an excellent example of this degeneration. You can see the same comportment here on M4C from time to time, as well.

Hollywood takes all of these things into account.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    To some degree Hollywood gives society what it wants. If people refused to pay, the industry would become unprofitable. I worked for WDC off and on for 20 years and while the GenPub howls and rails against the Wokester/anti-American/anti-white undercurrent the company keeps turning out, they continue to pay for movies, theme park attendance, licensed merch, et cetera. The power of walking away is seldom excercised.

But another factor is that men in general do not behave like men, anymore. Not in speech, not in their deeds, not in how they dress, not in how they think, not in what they believe. When I review English language conservative press sources of late, it is increasingly quite painful to read. Adult males think and write like middle school adolescent females. Darren Beattie is an excellent example of this degeneration. You can see the same comportment here on M4C from time to time, as well.

Hollywood takes all of these things into account.
    I don't disagree per se. I'd posit Hollywood often attempts to give society what it thinks society wants, often being clueless what society really wants and run by people in a bubble that does not reflect society. Vid covers that well, and in a highly entertaining LOL worthy fashion.

It would seem people are showing their distaste and dislike for the progressive woke BS as various large $ movies crash and burn profit wise regularly now, and a movie like 'Top Gun: Maverick' doing very well. The message is being sent, and doing so as our free market intends, with their $, but Hollywood is still not listening, seemingly more interested in promoting their SJW causes vs giving the viewing public what they want.

When the movies they make crash, they then blame the "inherent racism, sexism, and and homophobia" for their own audiences for why the movie sucked and didn't make $, vs any look in the mirror and assessment they are not in fact making movies most people want to see. That seems very apparent by most movies being made, the poor revenues, and great vids post in the OP.

Finally, I'm not one to live in the past and claim no good movies are made in modern times, because it's not true. There's been some good/great movies in recent years, although it does feel like fewer and further in between the garbage.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-25-23 at 08:42.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    To some degree Hollywood gives society what it wants. The power of walking away is seldom excercised.

I had a long drive this weekend and tuned in to a talk show. The subject shifted when a Soccer Mom came on and stated "No More Sleepovers." I thought that was odd as sleepovers were a staple of life for teens when I was a kid.
    Well aparently this Mom had rules like
    A) No Guns in the house.
    B) No Males in the house.
    As a reponcible older guy, I have guns, if your kid comes over I will collect them up as I have since I had kids in the house.
    But I can't not be a Man, and I'm not asking my Son to leave so your Princess can spend the night, I was offended.

Then I started thinking about it. Most Men weren't raised by Men, they were raised by Women.
    So Women raise young Men, to be Men that Women are afraid of.
    Think about that for a moment.

There is a certain attitude of calm control a good Dad has over a boy and a young Man. A Dad knocks the rough edges off of a Boy and makes him a Man with discipline and knowledge. Dad teaches you to learn self control and Masculine Manners.
    Dad teaches you there is a price to pay for bad behavior and to control your urges.
    If there were more Dads raising these Boys......
    Well, Women wouldn't have to fear the boys they raise to Men.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    There is a certain attitude of calm control a good Dad has over a boy and a young Man. A Dad knocks the rough edges off of a Boy and makes him a Man with discipline and knowledge. Dad teaches you to learn self control and Masculine Manners.
    Dad teaches you there is a price to pay for bad behavior and to control your urges.
    Can't say I disagree. Personal anecdote...when my daughter was in 2nd grade I took a couple of hours one day to volunteer at her school. Ended up being one of 6 parents to supervise the "Motor Skills" session, that school's version of P.E. for 2nd graders. I was the only man there, the other parents were moms and the 3 teachers all women. There was this one boy who kept goofing around and would not listen to the adults. When he got to my station I looked him in the eye and asked him, "What are you doing?" That stopped him in his tracks and he followed directions during the time he was with me. He went back to his previous behavior once he left me, but afterwards the teachers commented on our little moment. I simply observed that men and women are different and even kids know that.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had a long drive this weekend and tuned in to a talk show. The subject shifted when a Soccer Mom came on and stated "No More Sleepovers." I thought that was odd as sleepovers were a staple of life for teens when I was a kid.
    A) No Guns in the house.
    As a reponcible older guy, I have guns, if your kid comes over I will collect them up as I have since I had kids in the house.
    But I can't not be a Man, and I'm not asking my Son to leave so your Princess can spend the night, I was offended.

Then I started thinking about it. Most Men weren't raised by Men, they were raised by Women.

Lot's of truths, but per usual, one possible factor, a whole lot more nuanced and complex. There's no doubt at all by all metrics that kids are better off with two parent upbringing. I was not one of them, and while far from perfect, here I am. My mother was a tough a$$ lady and the meanest man you ever met. There's no lack of useless fathers in the picture, not doing their jobs, T levels in men have been falling for decades, etc, etc.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A) No Guns in the house.

The statistics also show, that a boy raised by just the mom are 2-3 times more likely to be in jail by 30. Girls....5x more likely to get pregnant if Dad left before age 6. They are more likely to excel in school if the father is is involved.

Another statistic that is suppressed, is on the flip side of things, single fathers on average:

Receive less welfare, and subsidies.
    Receive far less child support.
    Earn more and pay more taxes.

...than single mothers yet still manage to raise children that:

Commit less crime
    Are less depressed
    are better educated
    ultimately make more money & perform better in the workplace.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 01-25-23 at 09:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I dunno, Divorce was rare when I was a kid, then when I turned 15 my Dad left.
    I was pretty well along my way by then, every summer I had a full time job, I picked up farm labor and construction stuff during the school year. My Mom was pretty tough and did a good job along the way. Although she has a Business Degree she took a job as a School Secretary to keep an eye on us all.
    But the Lines for Men and Women were pretty clear then.
    Things are much more nuanced now, lines are blurred. There are fewer Male role models and Hollywood doesn't want it, or it doesn't make money.
    Or it doesn't make money because Dads aren't watching John Wayne in theatres with their Sons like they used to.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't know if I would say all modern movies suck. I have loved nearly everything Christopher Nolan makes.

Dunkirk, Tenet, Inception and especially Interstellar. Even the three Batman movies he did were great, I thought.

I hope he does a good job with Oppenheimer.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I don't think that all movies suck, for sure, but I think the overall trend in the leftward lurch has been getting worse over the past several years.

I think that the feminist movement plus the increased political liberalization have accelerated that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast