Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up Memphis and all of Tennessee, this is gonna be bad!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    Head kicks are deadly force and only authorized under deadly force conditions. There’s nothing in the video where I saw which made it a deadly force situation.

The video was disturbing and shameful. I was in high school during Rodney King and grew up outside of LA. This incident is worse than Rodney King. Running and passive resistance no way warrants the the beating they gave. Even the way they stopped him is suspect. They boxed him in a pretty much assaulted his vehicle for reckless driving?

This was not an example of police needing more training, or encountering a violent suspect high on drugs. It was plain and simple a gang type jumping and beating.

I think what C-grunt is saying, which I agree with, is in most cases where someone resists in can be ended quickly without strikes but simply with good technique. Three officers was more than enough for Tyre. One officer ties up the legs, one officer on each arm and it’s done. But I think from the beginning they wanted to beat him. Sad deal.
    Thank you. Maybe Im having a stroke but I thought my responses were pretty clear. I agree with everything else you said.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    All that you are saying is reason #102012 I could not to that job. That you have to worry about what "looks bad" to people who don't understand chit about it, vs what's most effective for your safety, is not for me. Sounds like you are able to make it work at least.
    There is definitely a political aspect to the job. To paraphrase Bill Blowers the job is done by standards set by society. Laws and rules change over time.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Jesus Christ dude.... You think this response is good but it just proves the point that you your bias is badly showing. No one is circling the wagons here. I said strikes are only used for suspects actively assaulting you and nowhere have I seen or read about him assaulting them.
    I am taking your word that you are not.

I can assure you other venues very much are featuring circling the wagons on this incident saying it was an entirely justified use of force.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    There is definitely a political aspect to the job. To paraphrase Bill Blowers the job is done by standards set by society. Laws and rules change over time.
    I could not to that job, and I'm just happy someone is still willing/able to do it. Worked with and or known many LEOs, and they are far from perfect, but will always give LE the benefits of the doubt over any thug, criminal, etc. I admit my bias without apologies. The thin blue line is not a metaphor and I don't want to deal with the goblins myself.

So, they ruined their lives by "losing it" as my buddy put it, and the kid would still be alive had his mom or others in his life taught him running from police and resisting arrest once they catch up to you is a bad idea, he'd still be alive.

That's the reality of it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I am taking your word that you are not.

I can assure you other venues very much are featuring circling the wagons on this incident saying it was an entirely justified use of force.
    Can you post a link? I’m very curious to see who, and how, anyone with any experience or common sense can be justifying the use of force. Are these reputable professionals saying it’s justified or just idiots posting nonsense on the internet?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can you post a link? I’m very curious to see who, and how, anyone with any experience or common sense can be justifying the use of force. Are these reputable professionals saying it’s justified or just idiots posting nonsense on the internet?
    The biggy would be arfcom and I think linking to them is a no no, the site is ridiculed, and so on, but the cheerleaders appear to be vetted as current/former LE.

A large percentage of the ones not directly cheering it on are merely claiming it is the "defund" claim which is refuted by looking at Memphis's funding numbers and the large number of cops on scene who appeared to be enjoying the show.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I could not to that job, and I'm just happy someone is still willing/able to do it. Worked with and or known many LEOs, and they are far from perfect, but will always give LE the benefits of the doubt over any thug, criminal, etc. I admit my bias without apologies. The thin blue line is not a metaphor and I don't want to deal with the goblins myself.

So, they ruined their lives by "losing it" as my buddy put it, and the kid would still be alive had his mom or others in his life taught him running from police and resisting arrest once they catch up to you is a bad idea, he'd still be alive.

That's the reality of it.
    Let's not forget the reason they gave for stopping him appears to be a lie when defending their honor.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Let's not forget the reason they gave for stopping him appears to be a lie when defending their honor.
    Yes, that's a key aspect to all of it. Not seen evidence either way yet. If the stop itself was indeed BS, then they made their own very bad day and kid would still be alive. I will be interested to see the evidence on that aspect of the event.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    The biggy would be arfcom and I think linking to them is a no no, the site is ridiculed, and so on, but the cheerleaders appear to be vetted as current/former LE.

A large percentage of the ones not directly cheering it on are merely claiming it is the "defund" claim which is refuted by looking at Memphis's funding numbers and the large number of cops on scene who appeared to be enjoying the show.
    I don’t know if posting a link to arfcom is a no no or not and I don’t really care. But there’s your problem right there if you’re getting your information from a website that is ridiculed from folks who “appear” to be vetted. You may as well be getting your news from the Enquirer or CNN, from folks who claim to be journalists and reporters. Stop going over there and believing that nonsense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don’t know if posting a link to arfcom is a no no or not and I don’t really care. But there’s your problem right there if you’re getting your information from a website that is ridiculed from folks who “appear” to be vetted. You may as well be getting your news from the Enquirer or CNN, from folks who claim to be journalists and reporters. Stop going over there and believing that nonsense.
    You left out the numerous uniformed LE on scene in the video enjoying the show which is consistent with the opinions being expressed by those appearing to be vetted LE on arfcom.

Other LE on scene supporting bad actors(and being filmed in the process) is not unique to this incident. It doesn't mean "all" are duds, but it isn't an anomaly either.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast