Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up Memphis and all of Tennessee, this is gonna be bad!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    You either don’t or don’t want to get it. It’s not how many you can hire, it’s who you can hire. If all you get are crap applicants all you will end up with is crap officers.

And BTW, the average salary in Memphis TN is $62,443 per year as of December 2022 according to Ziprecruter. $45,747 is in the 25th percentile.
    I thought they couldn't hire due to not having the money for it?

I recall at least 1 of the 5 being in the mid $60k range

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/-in-Memphis,TN

So why hire them if not qualified? I kinda doubt the people responsible for hiring would knowingly go buy and consume rotted food themselves so why would they buy it and force someone else to eat it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I thought they couldn't hire due to not having the money for it?

I recall at least 1 of the 5 being in the mid $60k range

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/-in-Memphis,TN

So why hire them if not qualified? I kinda doubt the people responsible for hiring would knowingly go buy and consume rotted food themselves so why would they buy it and force someone else to eat it?
    It seems you don’t want to try to understand. You do you.
    Last edited by john armond; 01-28-23 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It seems you don’t want to try to understand. You do you.
    Defund.

Fund indicates money. De indicates removed.

Info is available that Memphis keeps getting money for their LE which torpedoes the whole defund claim.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Defund.

Fund indicates money. De indicates removed.

Info is available that Memphis keeps getting money for their LE which torpedoes the whole defund claim.

My actual quote: “I wrote “defund the police movement.” It’s a movement that partly pushed to eliminate stigmatize and attack all law enforcement.”

The “movement” means different things to different people as can be seen in the various quotes in this article.

https://journalistsresource.org/crim...nd-the-police/

You have multiple people on this site trying to explain things to you. You don’t seem to want to listen but instead put your spin on their words.

I don’t remember anyone on this site agreeing with what these officers did.

Feedback Score
    Memphis police 'permanently deactivate' SCORPION Unit

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tyre-nich...-scorpion-unit

"Today, Memphis Police Officers assigned to the SCORPION Unit (Street Crimes Operations to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods) met with Chief Cerelyn 'C.J.' Davis to discuss the path forward for the department and the community in the aftermath of the tragic death of Tyre Nichols," Memphis police said in a statement. "In the process of listening intently to the family of Tyre Nichols, community leaders, and the uninvolved officers who have done quality work in their assignments, it is in the best interest of all to permanently deactivate the SCORPION Unit."
    Wonder if the folks in IA are burning the midnight oil combing over their piles of cases and complaints right now...
    Last edited by tn1911; 01-28-23 at 16:32.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My actual quote: “I wrote “defund the police movement.” It’s a movement that partly pushed to eliminate stigmatize and attack all law enforcement.”

The “movement” means different things to different people as can be seen in the various quotes in this article.

https://journalistsresource.org/crim...nd-the-police/

You have multiple people on this site trying to explain things to you. You don’t seem to want to listen but instead put your spin on their words.

I don’t remember anyone on this site agreeing with what these officers did.
    Some variation of "if he had just complied this wouldn't have happened" really appears to be victim blaming like saying a car thief stole a car because the owner didn't lock the doors.

The defund movement is heavily influenced by various flavors of communism. Communism typically has some societal symptoms that manifest as shortages.

Based on accounts of the last hundred years I recall reading about victims of communism commenting on shortages of things like adequate clothing, adequate housing, heat, food, and hope. I don't recall anyone getting back to their apartment from spending a day in the breadline and lamenting not seeing enough LE along their route.

Lack of police appears to be a top fear in all of this for many and history indicates fear not. If there is a dip in numbers that is likely only temporary with blindingly bright days ahead.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-28-23 at 16:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Memphis police 'permanently deactivate' SCORPION Unit

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tyre-nich...-scorpion-unit

Wonder if the folks in IA are burning the midnight oil combing over their piles of cases and complaints right now...
    Took me a second, I hadn't heard of anything in Iowa.

Kinda doubt that was their first rodeo too.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    “SCORPION” seems like a terrible name for an organization to “Restore Peace”

The biggy would be arfcom and I think linking to them is a no no, the site is ridiculed, and so on, but the cheerleaders appear to be vetted as current/former LE.

A large percentage of the ones not directly cheering it on are merely claiming it is the "defund" claim which is refuted by looking at Memphis's funding numbers and the large number of cops on scene who appeared to be enjoying the show.
    Arfcom general discussion is worse than AIDS. There’s an interesting phenomenon where people go on a groupthink circlejerk where back to back, dudes are like “insulin is $1000!” And then a dude will come by with a link showing, “no, it isn’t”, but they ignore him and go on with the tar and feathers. Page after page. If you read those threads, you’ll see its clear that no one reads before posting. Not the OP, not the thread, not books, nothing.

The threads about guns aren’t as bad. I’m a member there now, since discussion about shooting guns has gotten so thin here.

The topic at hand is ****ed. Dudes should be thrown to the mob (figuratively; US justice system has no such mechanism). This is straight up gang shit, by colors wearing homeboys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    “SCORPION” seems like a terrible name for an organization to “Restore Peace”

Arfcom general discussion is worse than AIDS. There’s an interesting phenomenon where people go on a groupthink circlejerk where back to back, dudes are like “insulin is $1000!” And then a dude will come by with a link showing, “no, it isn’t”, but they ignore him and go on with the tar and feathers. Page after page. If you read those threads, you’ll see its clear that no one reads before posting. Not the OP, not the thread, not books, nothing.

The threads about guns aren’t as bad. I’m a member there now, since discussion about shooting guns has gotten so thin here.

The topic at hand is ****ed. Dudes should be thrown to the mob (figuratively; US justice system has no such mechanism). This is straight up gang shit, by colors wearing homeboys.
    Not going to disagree with that at all. Not all of the cheerleaders for this(and other incidents*) there are LE, but quite a few are. Not a fan of either piece of the problem.

*another was the Botham Jean shot by Amber Guyger incident and the LE opinions there were in line with the acts taken by LE at the scene and LE testifying in court that what she did was right. Obviously that isn't the view of every cop in the country, but any claim that arfcommers claiming to be cops aren't because they were voicing support for Guyger to be able to murder Jean without consequence is ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    I’m just patiently waiting for Memphis to be set on fire. If the whole city burns it might do a coupe of hundred dollars worth of damage.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast