Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Heads up Memphis and all of Tennessee, this is gonna be bad!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    They are a perk to the city and the citizens who live in that neighborhood.
    Indeed! Carloads of weapons and other juicy gear just left all about town unattended all night. It is quite a perk!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Take home cars are not really a perk to the officer. They are a perk to the city and the citizens who live in that neighborhood. Because that who is really receiving the benefit. It’s the perception the neighborhood is safer because a neighbor is a police officer. They even say it in the article you linked. Yes, the officer saves on gas money. But at the expense of now advertising to everyone what they do for a living and the added risk of attention when they’re on their way home when they’re off. I’m sorry, but the trade off is not there simply for the fuel savings.

After a 12-14 hour shift I’m ready to go home. I don’t want or need people trying to flag me down on the way home because there’s a fender bender. Try doing that in a marked take home car. Not gonna happen.
    I call bullshit. The major metro PD in my area give all fully trained and certified officers take-home cars, some of which are driven as much as 30 miles OUTSIDE the city limits to their homes on the daily. That is a MAJOR perk.

You’re the one who linked the article where it states the benefits. Not me.

But add that up. Fuel, tires, and maintenance vs the ability to go straight home after a shift. It is a laughable comparison. Going straight home wins every time. But hold up on doing the math on the that. You use some pretty laughable calculations and who knows how you arrive at your answers.
    Your assertion is laughable, not his. Every time a city council tries to eliminate the cost of take-home cars, it's the FOP that gets the initiative killed. You're speaking for yourself and no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Indeed! Carloads of weapons and other juicy gear just left all about town unattended all night. It is quite a perk!
    If I had a nickel for every FOUO/LES report I got of local, state and fed LE getting their creds, badges, uniforms, body armor and WEAPONS stolen out of their marked and unmarked take-home cars parked on the street overnight, I'd have a bag of them big enough to make a dent in even the densest of their skulls.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I call bullshit. The major metro PD in my area give all fully trained and certified officers take-home cars, some of which are driven as much as 30 miles OUTSIDE the city limits to their homes on the daily. That is a MAJOR perk.

Your assertion is laughable, not his. Every time a city council tries to eliminate the cost of take-home cars, it's the FOP that gets the initiative killed. You're speaking for yourself and no one else.

If I had a nickel for every FOUO/LES report I got of local, state and fed LE getting their creds, badges, uniforms, body armor and WEAPONS stolen out of their marked and unmarked take-home cars parked on the street overnight, I'd have a bag of them big enough to make a dent in even the densest of their skulls.
    You are correct. I cannot and do not speak for the FOP. Nor am I part of the FOP.

Young cops think getting a take home car is cool so cities and agencies use it as a recruiting perk.

But what I don’t understand is your opinion seems to be opposed to take home cars. Which I’m also opposed to. We’re opposed to the same thing for presumably similar reasons. So why the antagonist? Help me out on that one.

Disregard my question. I re-read your post and you’re calling my reasons bullshit for what you see in your area. No worries man. I’ve got no reason to lie or make stuff up. What I say is not bullshit. You’re gonna believe what you wanna believe. I’m sure not going to be able to tell you otherwise through a keyboard.
    Last edited by El Vaquero; 02-02-23 at 14:07. Reason: Answered my own question

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    You are correct. I cannot and do not speak for the FOP. Nor am I part of the FOP.

Young cops think getting a take home car is cool so cities and agencies use it as a recruiting perk.

But what I don’t understand is your opinion seems to be opposed to take home cars. Which I’m also opposed to. We’re opposed to the same thing for presumably similar reasons. So why the antagonist? Help me out on that one.

Disregard my question. I re-read your post and you’re calling my reasons bullshit for what you see in your area. No worries man. I’ve got no reason to lie or make stuff up. What I say is not bullshit. You’re gonna believe what you wanna believe. I’m sure not going to be able to tell you otherwise through a keyboard.
    You proved my point in bold. It's not a perk because it's "cool", it's a perk because it's a FINANCIAL advantage. Vehicle cost, fuel, maintenance and insurance are all defrayed costs of a take-home car. Also, I'm not opposed to take-home cars. I'm opposed to take-home cars taken home outside the jurisdiction, and all the numbskulls who leave weapons, creds/badges/uniforms and high dollar gear in the take-home car parked on the street or in the apartment complex parking lot.
    Last edited by glocktogo; 02-02-23 at 16:24.

Feedback Score
    You proved my point in bold. It's not a perk because it's "cool", it's a perk because it's a FINANCIAL advantage. Vehicle cost, fuel, maintenance and insurance are all defrayed costs of a take-home car. Also, I'm not opposed to take-home cars. I'm opposed to take-home cars taken home outside the jurisdiction, and all the numbskulls who leave weapons, creds/badges/uniforms and high dollar gear in the take-home car parked on the street or in the apartment complex parking lot.
    For you and many folks they see it as a financial advantage. And I get that. As I explained, and I listed my reason, the nominal financial advantage is not worth it. Many agree with me, many don’t. But it doesn’t mean my reasons are bullshit.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Anchorage, AK used to allow their cars to go 45 miles until some people threw a stink. They now have a lot on the very edge of the municipality that the commuter cops park at 20 miles from the main police station. I bet half their fleet is parked there at any given time. Officers then take their personal vehicles the last 25 miles of the commute. Probably saves these guys 25,000 miles a year of wear and tear on their personal vehicles, not to mention fuel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Anchorage, AK used to allow their cars to go 45 miles until some people threw a stink. They now have a lot on the very edge of the municipality that the commuter cops park at 20 miles from the main police station. I bet half their fleet is parked there at any given time. Officers then take their personal vehicles the last 25 miles of the commute. Probably saves these guys 25,000 miles a year of wear and tear on their personal vehicles, not to mention fuel.
    If they work five days a week they’re saving 20 miles each way that’s 40 miles per day. 40x5 =200. 200 x 52 (weeks in a year) = 10,400. That’s pretty far short of 25,000 and that’s if they have to work 5 days a week.

But. . .Alaska miles are definitely harsher than lower 48 miles. And they don’t have to park their cars at home and I would think it’s some sort of secured parking lot. Not a bad deal.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The rumor of there being a connection between one of the LEO's is apparently being investigated:

"On Wednesday morning, Newsweek asked the Shelby County district attorney's office if it is investigating possible rumors connecting Nichols to the ex-girlfriend or ex-wife of former Memphis cop Demetrius Haley. Additionally, Newsweek asked about rumors that Haley sent photos of Nichols to his ex-wife following the violent arrest of the 29-year-old Black man."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...on/ar-AA16ZY7r
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    For you and many folks they see it as a financial advantage. And I get that. As I explained, and I listed my reason, the nominal financial advantage is not worth it. Many agree with me, many don’t. But it doesn’t mean my reasons are bullshit.
    Facts don’t care about your reasons. It’s literally a mathematical fact. You’re entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Feedback Score
    Facts don’t care about your reasons. It’s literally a mathematical fact. You’re entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
    Ok dude.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast