Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up Memphis and all of Tennessee, this is gonna be bad!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Havent watched the whole video. Dont really care to really. But from what Ive seen these guys are going away for sure.

Agian, I didnt watch the whole thing but did Tyre assault any of the officers or was he just resisting arrest and running?

Ive arrested many many people over the years that have resisted arrest and tried to get away. Plain old wrestling and Jui Jitsu works really well. Punches and kicks only happen if the suspect is actively assaulting officers.
    Honestly I think Tyre was piss scared from the get go, he tried to submit to the arrest but those guys quickly turned it into way more and Tyres fight or flight went into full blown Im going to be killed if I don’t run.

So he ran. At that point he wasn’t resisting he was fighting for his life and on some level I think he knew it.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    WHAT IF you think BOTH parties are guilty?
    Why did he run & resist? Why did he try to grab an officers gun?
    Why couldnt two of those big ass cops handle him?
    Why DID they overreact- apparently? Was there a reason?
    I aint pro-cop OR pro- thug. But if there were reasons- fine. if not- Hell is coming for them.
    As for Memphis itself..whatever.
    What the police are saying is there was no reckless driving as the on scene crew claimed which is the assumption for why there are kidnapping charges.

As I have stated before, unlawful arrest needs to get nixed and just referred to as kidnapping and treated accordingly.

My assumption is that would reduce resisting and fleeing incidents by reducing bogus arrests in the first place and would actually add some meaning to fighting it in court claim.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    What does "defund" actually mean? There were lots of cops and the lowest paid of the named 5 was making $45k+ per year.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2022/05/...get-pay-raise/

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdtn/pr...upport-efforts
    I wrote “defund the police movement.” It’s a movement that partly pushed to eliminate stigmatize and attack all law enforcement. Since that “movement” started people have been walking away from the job and recruitment has gone down to extremely low levels. Because of this departments are lowering their standards to replace officers. Lower standards means lower caliber officers. I stated it in either this or another thread that we will see “Miami in the 80s” coming to police departments across the country as a result (in large part) of this “movement.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Agree 100% on the unlawful arrest- definitely needs a stronger punishment.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    I wrote “defund the police movement.” It’s a movement that partly pushed to eliminate stigmatize and attack all law enforcement. Since that “movement” started people have been walking away from the job and recruitment has gone down to extremely low levels. Because of this departments are lowering their standards to replace officers. Lower standards means lower caliber officers. I stated it in either this or another thread that we will see “Miami in the 80s” coming to police departments across the country as a result (in large part) of this “movement.”
    There sure were a lot of alleged "eliminatees" on scene and the money seems to be there so gonna go with not applicable.

Both of those details are frequent feature of similar incidents that make the news.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There sure were a lot of alleged "eliminatees" on scene and the money seems to be there so gonna go with not applicable.

Both of those details are frequent feature of similar incidents that make the news.
    You really like to interpret writings into what you actually want them to say don’t you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    This spokesman for that community says that "allegedly" Tyre Nichols was having an affair with one of the officer's wife. And the traffic stop was "allegedly" a set up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtJx88YvxI&t=364s
    Well there ya go. Messing with another man’s wife is serious business. That said, very low-IQ to do a beatdown wearing a uniform and bodycam.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-28-23 at 10:50.

Feedback Score
    He stated when punches and kicks come in to play and I accurately described the kicking segment of the footage. He indicated it happens, not me.
    He’s talking in general terms and you’re talking directly about the video. What he’s saying is when someone is actively assaulting (punching, kicking), the officer can punch and kick back. He asked if that’s what Tyre was doing.
    Last edited by El Vaquero; 01-28-23 at 10:54.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacos View Post
    Local prison will be getting a new basketball team
    Five fat guys doesn't make a basketball team.
    We've seen the beating, but we dont really have the story do we? I do believe there is a back story that we simply aren't seeing.
    Just saying, causing five guys to go from 0-60 and then off the rails in to a beating usually there is a reason for that.
    If you'll remember;
    Just like kneeling on someone's neck, there's a back story to all of this that we just aren't seeing. Resisting arrest is a good way to die.

The physical conditioning has a good deal to the deterioration of the situation. If you have to tag out during an arrest because you're about to have heart attack, you don't have control of the situation. Cops need to be Linebackers, not Linemen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    He’s talking in general terms and you’re talking directly about the video.
    He mentioned the incident at the start of his comment, the video pertains to the incident, and the video of the incident is chock full of kicking and punching.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast