Thread: Campers

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Campers

Had a 31’ Dutchman several years ago and enjoyed it, but I didn’t have enough truck to comfortably pull it. I eventually sold it but not until I dropped some coin replacing the floor of the slide out with marine grade plywood.

I am now looking at a Rockwood Mini Lite with welded aluminum frame and plywood. Trying to get something my Tundra can pull, has space for 4 to sleep and gives use a place to cool off clean up on long weekends.

I like the torsion axles, the fresh water tank sump that allows all the water to be drained and the 12v fridge that can stay on from the dual batteries and 200W solar panel.

Anybody have a mini lite? They worth the extra coin?

I started looking at the Geo Pro G20BHS, but I am too tall for the shower being mounted on the sidewall. Liked everything else about it.

Jumped up to the 2509S mini lite for the extra head room in the shower and the bunks double in width.

Any advise on it?

Use will mostly be long weekends, no extended stays.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Find something made with Azdel composite panels on top of aluminum framing. Lighter, better insulated and never have to worry about water damage or rot again.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    Find something made with Azdel composite panels on top of aluminum framing. Lighter, better insulated and never have to worry about water damage or rot again.
    That is how the Mini Lite is constructed, also what is drawing me to it. At least the wall’s are Azdel. The floor is 5/8” tongue and groove plywood and the roof is “fully laminated walkable”.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 02-20-23 at 20:08.