Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A5 Buffer?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’m curious if you’ve checked to see if it’ll lock back with anything heavier than A5H2.

My midgas 16 and carbine 10.5 locked back on an a5h3 with green spring, havnt tested my carbine 12.5 yet. both solgw barrels
    Last edited by Sidneyious; 01-26-23 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Instead of a different spring and a spacer, you might be able to use an A5H0. I keep a carbine buffer and an A5H0 in my can of steel case for guns that won’t run it with its normal setup.

Just a thought. If you like it the way it is, drive on.
    I sold that upper to a buddy and told him to run full power ammo through it.
    First time he took it out it wouldn't cycle and when asked what ammo he said steel cased.
    I gave him the buffer and spring set so he could burn it up.
    I never stocked up on steel cased ammo when it was cheap and don't plan on buying any these days.
    And I have carbine buffers and springs if I need to in a pinch.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I’m gonna be the outlier here…I used an A5 on 2 different rifles, MK12 MOD1 and a Colt LE6920.

I honestly didn’t see or feel any difference using the A5. But that’s just one guy and 2 rifles. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by e z money View Post
    I was about to buy a buffer tube for my next build and I noticed that there is one called A5 compatible, or VLTOR A5 compatible. The other choice that I will probably buy is a regular carbine 6 position tube. What is are the differences? Is the A5 tube better? My rifle will have a 16" mid length gas system unsuppressed. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Feedback Score
    Update: I just bought a regular 6 position carbine buffer tube. That A5 tube might be good but I tend to stay with what I already know works good instead of trying something else. Kinda like the bcg that I just bought. I keep hearing about the good deals on microbest and tool craft and I'm sure they are great bcg but I decided to pay a little more for on that I already know is good to go. I bought a LMT bcg for $181. It cost more but I have no doubts in the quality.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I’m gonna be the outlier here…I used an A5 on 2 different rifles, MK12 MOD1 and a Colt LE6920.

I honestly didn’t see or feel any difference using the A5. But that’s just one guy and 2 rifles. YMMV.
    Nobody can…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's a rifle spring and rifle weight buffer(A5H2) in a collapsible stock, nothing more or less.
    Same results as when using a fixed stock.
    The A5 does have some adjustability with 5 different buffer weights if needed.

I'm thinking about removing one and use an A2 stock, I don't really need to collapse it and I like the A2 stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12