Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does SAO trend go?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Where does SAO trend go?

So where did this SAO trend come from, and where is it going?

Dipping into the market of old guys that already have too many 1911’s?

Trying to ride the tide of 9mm 2011’s?

Competition winning tech working its way into more casual and tactical shooters hands?

The natural progression of lighter, shorter, striker trigger snobs realizing they have run out of safety margin without a manual safety?

So from here it’s going to be a minor trend that fades, or we should see options come out for the regular priced pistol buyers.

Maybe factory strikers that only come with a manual safety and even more minimal trigger weight and travel.

Perhaps something like Sig bringing back the P250 with a SAO trigger with the P320 manual safety.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It depends on your definition of SAO.

To me, if a pistol uses a striker instead of a hammer, then it's not SAO, even if that's what the manufacturer (or someone on the Internet) calls it.

Guys, and gals, that really appreciate a 1911's trigger are certainly going to be interested in buying other pistols that utilize a single action only design. I'm in this group, and have been considering a SIG SAO for quite a while.

Feedback Score
    I think its a fad. I started off with a SAO CZ. Great trigger, all together it was ayiit.
    I shoot shiity glocks with shitty triggers now because it really doesnt matter.

The more people obsess about triggers the more they suck IME. (Obess, not appreciate).
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-26-23 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It's been around for a while - here's mine:
    smokewagon1.jpg

Just funning - I know that's not what you meant.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The same dead end
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd say it was a fad, but the Staccato is seeing acceptance. HUGE pay cut going back to a striker if you've trained and enjoyed that gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BERETTA and SIG SAUER are both introducing SAO pistols to their lineups.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Beretta came out of nowhere with that 92, multiple double stack 1911 types are coming out lately, and I just saw a P226 with a thumb safety. Seems like a trend.

My new P365’s trigger has me considering if I want to add the manual safety. I’ve never thought a Glock needed a manual safety, but I only ever used stock triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'd say it was a fad, but the Staccato is seeing acceptance. HUGE pay cut going back to a striker if you've trained and enjoyed that gun.
    Maybe, maybe not. Have we seen a striker designed to an only with a manual safety minimum?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    There's no free lunch kids. Everyone wants a gun that fit's in a watch pocket, weight 2 ounces, carries 20 rounds, can hit an A zone with ease at 25, can stop a bear and has a 1 ounce trigger. Freaking folks are making LCP trigger kits! It boils down to what kind of gun one wants, nothing wrong with a manual safety, either use it or not, train to it and you won't be any slower than the guy with a whiz bang kit tweaked by a tweaker.
    Those SAO P226/9 series are nice, same as the P210's. Then you can be old school cool with a V1 USP. The P210 Carry is a nice piece.

Oh-triggers, so many obsess over triggers, my opinion, work with it, learn it and it won't matter.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    1911s and 2011s aren’t SAO. They are single action.

To me, a design needs to also be available in DA/SA for there to be an SAO variant.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast