Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where does SAO trend go?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    1911s and 2011s aren’t SAO. They are single action.

To me, a design needs to also be available in DA/SA for there to be an SAO variant.
    That is my understanding/definition of SAO as well. Just like there is a DAO. Which is a bit of a misnomer as it's not really "double" action.

Mainly relevant in pistols like the P99 which came in all three variants. One of which became the PPQ.

And 1911's or single action armies are just that... Single actions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I wanted to argue about there being only one true SA, I would have put this in the 1911 section.

I clearly explained that seeing more SAO versions of existing TDA pistols come out put this question on my mind. Also there is only so much room to put details in a thread title. But the question is where does the trend go, and I want to include any design of a light and short trigger with a manual safety.

I’m not very comfortable with striker trigger’s getting any “better” without a manual safety. Does anyone see signs that the customers or manufacturers are also getting to that point?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post

I’m not very comfortable with striker trigger’s getting any “better” without a manual safety. Does anyone see signs that the customers or manufacturers are also getting to that point?
    I agree. I started that thread about the Glock single-action trigger, because I find it interesting, but I’m unlikely to actually buy one, and if I did, if would live in a spare for at least a year. The factory ones suit my uses better. So, at least one customer is at that point.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Apparently many pistol shooters are comfortable w better striker fired trigger pulls or Apex, Timney, Overwatch Precision, MCarbo, Galloway Precision and others would not be selling their wares. Used to be only hard core competitors were trigger snobs, but it seems nicer trigger pulls are what the general public wants and the pistol manufacturers are clued in.
    Saves money for the pistol buyer and more importantly negates the concept of "light trigger is a no no on a defensive handgun" if it comes from factory w a light, crisp pull. A defensive shoot needs to be judged on facts, not trigger pull weight, not to mention better practical accuracy w a good trigger pull for just about anyone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post

Perhaps something like Sig bringing back the P250 with a SAO trigger with the P320 manual safety.

Interesting concept on a SAO sig, but they did make the 2022 which was a DA/SA, poly frame. (Always thought that was a cool gun, never seen one in the wild)
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 01-29-23 at 20:35.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    Apparently many pistol shooters are comfortable w better striker fired trigger pulls or Apex, Timney, Overwatch Precision, MCarbo, Galloway Precision and others would not be selling their wares. Used to be only hard core competitors were trigger snobs, but it seems nicer trigger pulls are what the general public wants and the pistol manufacturers are clued in.
    Yeah, but golfers also buy new clubs to attempt to make up for their poor form and lack of athleticism. And dudes with 2500s buy chips for their diesels…for some reason.

I was banging B/C steel at 90 yds today with a stock Gen 5 trigger. Yeah, better triggers exist, for sure, but this one was designed with my use in mind. It is a very common trigger among professionals. It is of course not the only right answer.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    …negates the concept of "light trigger is a no no on a defensive handgun" if it comes from factory w a light, crisp pull. A defensive shoot needs to be judged on facts, not trigger pull weight…
    Unsure where that argument comes from. I am not chasing the lightest target trigger nor opposed to nice SA triggers for defensive use. I’m entirely concerned about it from a handling and re-holstering perspective. But there are also a lot of people who don’t carry, just shoot at the range once in a while.

The P250 just popped into mind because of all the existing infrastructure that would carry over from the P320. Speaking of a trigger that may be a little light without a manual safety.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Yeah, but golfers also buy new clubs to attempt to make up for their poor form and lack of athleticism. And dudes with 2500s buy chips for their diesels…for some reason.

I was banging B/C steel at 90 yds today with a stock Gen 5 trigger. Yeah, better triggers exist, for sure, but this one was designed with my use in mind. It is a very common trigger among professionals. It is of course not the only right answer.
    Yeah. I've burned down a lot of guys runnung $3k+ cz and 1911s with my CO g5g19... and Im only A class uspsa. Triggers dont matter until youre m class or better IMO.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Yeah. I've burned down a lot of guys runnung $3k+ cz and 1911s with my CO g5g19... and Im only A class uspsa. Triggers dont matter until youre m class or better IMO.
    Same for bolt guns. Guys will insist on buying a completely custom built bolt gun that shoots no better than a good factory gun with a trigger and glass. If I won the powerballs, I wouldn't buy a custom bolt gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Great shooters benefit greatly from guns like 2011. Good shooters benefit somewhat. Poor shooters hardly benefit at all. I've got a handful of guys at my agency on Staccatos now, all fit into that spectrum, and it is immediately apparent who had great fundamentals and who did not before they bought that gun.

Most guys would benefit far more by buying a G19, a case of ammo, and a pistol course than they ever would from the 2011.

All that said, it is no fad. They are here to stay, and Staccato has made sure of that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast