Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where does SAO trend go?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What makes these better than my double stack da/sa pistols like my sw 5906 or my fn fnp's? I preferred these to my 1911. Maybe my 1911 had a stiff trigger.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The two different trigger pulls of DA/SA are a distinct training disadvantage. Especially to your average shooters who don’t get much training done at all.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Great shooters benefit greatly from guns like 2011.
    I doubt I'd call myself a great pistol shooter, but I'm no slouch. The Staccato makes me like a friggin rock star! I shot the Dickens drill one handed with No misses on my second attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    What makes these better than my double stack da/sa pistols like my sw 5906 or my fn fnp's? I preferred these to my 1911. Maybe my 1911 had a stiff trigger.
    The Staccato P/P DUO blows any other production gun I've shot out of the water. The medium sized guns are nothing thrilling. Good, but not great. They shoot/feel much like any other pistol. The big boy shoots smooth and accurate too. I think Pappabear sent his back to get the trigger a little lighter which could be part of my bias. But damn that gun is good.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Most guys would benefit far more by buying a G19, a case of ammo, and a pistol course than they ever would from the 2011.

All that said, it is no fad. They are here to stay, and Staccato has made sure of that.
    I agree most would gain more from training… but people are attracted to better triggers.

So is the market missing out on a G19 priced SA with the Staccato-iest trigger for the price point and manual safety? Or is the market going to just keep putting 3lb performance triggers in their strikers without a manual safety?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    So is the market missing out on a G19 priced SA with the Staccato-iest trigger for the price point and manual safety?
    The Staccato's trigger isn't the strong suit of the gun in my experience. It's the gloriously smooth and low recoil that allows fast shooting, and doesn't cause as much "flinching".

Or is the market going to just keep putting 3lb performance triggers in their strikers without a manual safety?
    People are going to put aftermarket shit in guns no matter how good they are out of the box.
    Last edited by markm; 01-31-23 at 14:34.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The Staccato's trigger isn't the strong suit of the gun in my experience. It's the gloriously smooth and low recoil that allows fast shooting, and doesn't cause as much "flinching".

People are going to put aftermarket shit in guns no matter how good they are out of the box.
    I have really made an effort to start thinking I gotta put a lot of new stuff on guns. I KNOW Ill catch hell for this, but been shooting Glocks since early 2000's and while I have experimented with one aftermarket barrel and a couple triggers, I saw not only no benefit, but the barrel shot worse, chronoed slower than factory. I just never had a problem with factory triggers or barrels, in Glocks or Berettas.
    I do not count sights because that is such a personal pref to each person.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I KNOW Ill catch hell for this, but been shooting Glocks since early 2000's and while I have experimented with one aftermarket barrel and a couple triggers, I saw not only no benefit
    Totally agree. I only put metal sights on my Glock because the plastic ones got dented in the first week... otherwise, I wouldn't have even changed those. I never got these NY triggers and all this crap. Never shot one and thought I needed that gizmo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Totally agree. I only put metal sights on my Glock because the plastic ones got dented in the first week... otherwise, I wouldn't have even changed those. I never got these NY triggers and all this crap. Never shot one and thought I needed that gizmo.
    Im of the opinion, that Glock puts $5 sights on their guns so people CAN swap out to their desired sight. Many people have argued against that.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I ran a NY trigger in my dryfire gun and it helped a TON. I live fired it 1x - its outside the reasonable range for a trigger IMO.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Im of the opinion, that Glock puts $5 sights on their guns so people CAN swap out to their desired sight. Many people have argued against that.
    I always thought it was just a celebration of their Polymerness. I always chuckled at Glock owners who aren't big time shooters.... they'd have the plastic sights on still, and they'd be in mint condition.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I ran a NY trigger in my dryfire gun and it helped a TON. I live fired it 1x - its outside the reasonable range for a trigger IMO.
    Iraqgunz used to have a variety of trigger/spring combos. I could never wrap my head around it, and was always worried about reliabiltiy/liability.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast