Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Optics planet question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Optics planet question

I recently purchased something from Optics Planet and my experience was a good one. Price was great, product was in stock, item shipped and arrived quickly. All good. But I did learn that their employees don't seem to be gun people.

So my question is, if they aren't gun people why do so many major manufacturers do partnerships with them (OpMod or Optics Planet exclusives)?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Because they're good at moving product. Otherwise, they're pretty useless and deceptive.

Feedback Score
    Ive always had great experiences, but havent needed cs.
    How are they useless and deceptive?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Ive always had great experiences, but havent needed cs.
    How are they useless and deceptive?
    Im thinking he's talking about them being notorious for labeling out of stock items as in stock.

They did this to me a few years back. I can't remember what the item i bought was, but it was something farly trivial. I bought the item and pretty soon after got an email that it was out of stock and backordered. The backorder came in fairly quick though, within a few weeks.

Left a bit of a sour taste for me. But not enough to completely write them off. They just aren't on my go to list.
    Last edited by C-grunt; 04-04-23 at 09:26.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have given op a good chunk of cash the last few months and their cs, the wearhouse people and whoever designed their website and upc number system should be taken out back by the shed and shot.

I had a huge issue with them because they couldn't tell the difference between 2 Harris bipods that have the same number.

And that was up on their website as I stock for weeks on weeks end.

Order it and nope, and this is so often for me now I'm all but finished with them because I can get some stuff from evike (an airsoft shop) that's in stock and shipped in a couple days instead of weeks when using dhl because that's all op uses.

Unless you pay $15 for a $5 part and then wait 4 business days for it to get on snail mail.

Who the **** is going to spend $15 for shipping when it's going to take the exact same 2 weeks to get to you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Because they're good at moving product. Otherwise, they're pretty useless and deceptive.
    I think this sums it up nicely. I have conversed with a couple people there, and it appears to me that anyone who wants to improve the firearm side of things is quickly discouraged and soon "leaves".
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have had three bad experiences with them, none of them recent.

I wrote that place off long ago after researching their ownership as a DNC supporting gun grabber. I no longer have the goods as it was a long time back. But you should be able to figure out the owner and look at his track record at Fec.gov.

Not putting money into the hands of the enemy.

Feedback Score
    Again, nothing recent. Now that I'm aware of what they are, there will be nothing going forward.

OMG 200 posts, just sucking all the air out of the room lol.
    Last edited by Uncas47; 04-04-23 at 12:01.

Feedback Score
    Couple weeks ago I spoke with one of their reps, was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and courteous.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    They got a generally negative reputation for several years. They clearly know this, as they emailed several weeks ago mentioning they are sorry if they did something to lose my business, then provided a coupon code. As it happens, they do at times stock items I want but can’t find elsewhere, and I have ordered from them twice since that email. It seems like they are making an effort to earn back business.

In the past, my single negative experience was a brown Radian Talon that took forever to backorder. Same as others mentioned.

But recently, clean and smooth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast