Thread: BCM PNT Trigger

Feedback Score

BCM PNT Trigger

I have one of those BCM PNT trigger and I like it a lot. In the quest to improve my rifle, I've thought about putting a Geissele trigger in it, but I like this trigger so much I can't bring myself to mess with it. Anyone else like these triggers?

I'm planning my next rifle and the BCM LPK with the PNT trigger comes with a BCM pistol grip. I prefer a Magpul grip so I don't want to pay for a grip that I'm not going to use. I will probably just find a kit that doesn't include a trigger and grip, then buy a BCM PNT trigger separately. I saw that Sionics has a LPK that has their version of enhanced mil spec nickel coated trigger. That LPK doesn't come with a grip so it's cheaper than the BCM kit, then I could buy the Magpul grip separately. Does anyone know if that Sionics trigger is as good as the BCM trigger? The description of the Sionics trigger says 6.5 lbs, IIRC the BCM trigger is 5.5 lbs.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I actually replaced SSAs with a BCM PNT in one AR and a Sionics in another identical AR.

If I couldn’t see the start on the BCM I wouldn’t be able to tell which was which.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    BCM PNT, SIONICS EMST & ALG ACT are basically the same trigger, all good to good and I'm not going to quibble over 5.5 vs 6.5 claims. I have a pre BCM PNT I won't let go of and swear it is better than what is common now. The SSA is different trigger all together.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 01-26-23 at 19:18.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My experiences are similar to 17K and Tits'. All the polished and plated triggers are similar to me and I have been more than satisfied with parts purchased from Sionics.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-27-23 at 07:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e z money View Post
    Does anyone know if that Sionics trigger is as good as the BCM trigger? The description of the Sionics trigger says 6.5 lbs, IIRC the BCM trigger is 5.5 lbs.

Same thing, different springs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sample size of one but the BCM PNT that came in the last lower parts kit I got from them was the worst trigger I’ve ever used.

Unbearably bad.

I’ve used the ALG ACT in a couple guns and the BCM can’t be compared to those.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    Sample size of one but the BCM PNT that came in the last lower parts kit I got from them was the worst trigger I’ve ever used.

Unbearably bad.

I’ve used the ALG ACT in a couple guns and the BCM can’t be compared to those.
    That his the opposite of what I’ve read from others. Regarding the PNT, I found it an excellent mil spec trigger in my sample of one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by e z money View Post
    I have one of those BCM PNT trigger and I like it a lot. In the quest to improve my rifle, I've thought about putting a Geissele trigger in it, but I like this trigger so much I can't bring myself to mess with it. Anyone else like these triggers?
    Have them in BCM factory guns and LPKs, great trigger. There are a number of manufacturers making improved-GI triggers at this price point that are excellent. ALG ACT, BCM PNT, Centurion AMT, Wilson TTK. It's never been cheaper or easier.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I usually replace my BCM PNT triggers with SSAs. I just prefer the Geiselle trigger and keep the PNTs as spares.

Feedback Score
    These are all the same triggers coming from Schmidt. PSA, BCM, solgw, you name it, it’s all from the same oem. Buy the cheapest one available if you like them. Trust me I have one from BCM, solgw, PSA and centurion and they are all Schmidt tools triggers. The o my difference I’ve found is SOLGW will include a slave pin that comes in handy when installing.