Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a reliable p60 platform weapon light. Pic heavy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Building a reliable p60 platform weapon light. Pic heavy.

There’s few things better then taking outdated tech, and reliably make it preform as good or better then current tech. I enjoy modding lights, and saving money. The best part is the uniqueness, that comes from customization…and the satisfaction of quality, when your modded light is still functional over a decade later. This L2 has been through the ringer, and the original Chinese module I potted in 2009 still doesn’t miss a beat…it’s just 400 lumen, with terrible cd.
    This tail cap was also modded in 2009, but it was done in the interest of future overhead. I also potted the interior remote wire, that is connected to the remote receptacle. It still conducts plenty of current to not choke the new much hotter module.
    The end result is an L2p that preforms like a Rein.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The L2P!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The L2P!!
    I really loved SolarForce! Too bad they went under.
    I have an Ultrafire host supposedly out for delivery today…hopefully it’s half as good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum, please move.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I really loved SolarForce! Too bad they went under.
    I have an Ultrafire host supposedly out for delivery today…hopefully it’s half as good.
    I looked that one up. Interested in your thoughts. Odd to think of the SolarForce lights as unobtainable.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I looked that one up. Interested in your thoughts. Odd to think of the SolarForce lights as unobtainable.
    I will post my opinion, and pictures when it’s here. Unfortunately, the postal services tracking has been horrible lately. It isn’t coming today.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Unfortunately, it’s a bust.
    Do not buy this POS!
    It looks like Lumens Factory Seraphim, and Oveready Unified are the only legible p60s left.
    Unlike what the reviews claim, the tail caps and the heads are not interchangeable with the 6P!
    The glass is terrible, I’ve cleaned with denatured alcohol, and it just sucks!
    It came with brass shavings on the reflector, on the led, and on the glass.
    The tolerances for the module is the loosest I’ve ever seen…it’s gonna take a lot of foil to heat sink this one.
    This is nowhere near SolarForce quality.

Last edited by camoman; 01-30-23 at 12:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This Oveready Unified host right here is way better. The head and body are one piece, but the tail caps are interchangeable with the 6p. It is double the price of the Ultrafire…but it is US made. The machining is top notch.

green shot
    Last edited by camoman; 01-30-23 at 12:46.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Looks like the Oveready doesn't take the CR123... due to narrow body I guess?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like the Oveready doesn't take the CR123... due to narrow body I guess?
    No, it will take cr123s. It just won’t if you buy the full Oveready light with their billion lumen multi emitter modules….lol. I just bought the host and used my own lower output module. She is 18650, cr123 friendly.

Look at those beautiful threads. Machining is just as good as Surefire.
    Last edited by camoman; 01-30-23 at 12:53.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast