Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a reliable p60 platform weapon light. Pic heavy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Looks like the Oveready doesn't take the CR123... due to narrow body I guess?
    18650 is a little bigger than CR123's (18mm vs 16.5mm). Modders used to bore out P60 hosts to allow the 18650 to fit and allow the use of a custom head that can be driven a lot harder (current discharge rate) than what CR123's can handle, making them more capable/brighter just by battery design.

a 18650 is @ half the voltage of 2 CR123's. so the head (driver) would have to be designed to accept both.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 01-30-23 at 13:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Oveready lights are definitely top tier. If you paid half as much for it as an Oveready host, then you got ripped off!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Looks like the Oveready doesn't take the CR123... due to narrow body I guess?
    Here is another option. For $18 it’s worth a shot.
    I’ve never pulled the trigger, but I have considered it many times. Now, I’m gonna buy one.
    I need two more p60 hosts, that are XM compatible.

https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/pro...il.php?pid=330
    Last edited by camoman; 01-30-23 at 13:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Oveready lights are definitely top tier. If you paid half as much for it as an Oveready host, then you got ripped off!!
    I know that now lol. It was $30 something dollars. We would have never known, until someone pulled the trigger. Trying to find a quality host to replace what SolarForce brought to the table, is not as easily done, as it should be unfortunately.

This one isn’t that awful in the aspect of just an edc. Is it good? of course not. But it is sort of bright with the included module. The UI is not terrible. It has been running for 10 minutes now, on turbo…and it is only warm. I know it’s heat sinked, as I had to install the module with my mallet.
    My main issue, is that I needed it to be XM compatible, and it’s not.
    Last edited by camoman; 01-30-23 at 13:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is a beam shot 40 minutes into it’s run time test. It is definitely very warm, but not uncomfortable to handle. I have noticed no legible decrease in output.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Considering how long they’ve been made, it shouldn’t be too hard to find a 6P. I’d much rather buy a used 6P than a new Ultrafire POS.

I’ve got more than few of them in storage, and at least one is still in a stock config. Most of my 6Ps and 9Ps have been bored by Oveready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I’ve got more than few of them in storage, and at least one is still in a stock config. Most of my 6Ps and 9Ps have been bored by Oveready.
    Interesting. I'd not heard of Oveready until now. I've always just run CR123s for simplicity's sake and compatibility.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Considering how long they’ve been made, it shouldn’t be too hard to find a 6P. I’d much rather buy a used 6P than a new Ultrafire POS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get it. I’m just a cheap skate. And if I can save a few dollars,,I will. I do know where a custom gunmetal grey bored 6p, with a grey L2T bezel, and mcklicky switch is sitting right now for sale. I just don’t want to spend what they want.
    I’m mainly trying to find a host that’s XM compatible for two weapons. I don’t want to dedicate my 6p or my Oveready to it. I like having multiple edc lights.
    I have the ability to make whatever host reliable enough.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I did a quick EBay search. They’re available, but they’re not cheap. In fact they’re probably more expensive than a complete Oveready light.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1 hour into it.

90 minutes

After 90 minutes it dropped off fast.
    90 minutes on turbo is not awful.
    Battery used: Vapecell N36 3650 mah 18650
    All in all, for edc at around the $30 mark…I’ve seen worse.
    Is it great? No, but it is better then your hardware store Nebo. It would be better if it had quality glass.
    The tail cap appears to be mcKlicky upgradable.
    Currently it has a reverse clicky.
    Last edited by camoman; 01-30-23 at 15:47.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast