Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Building a reliable p60 platform weapon light. Pic heavy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Interesting. I'd not heard of Oveready until now. I've always just run CR123s for simplicity's sake and compatibility.
    Oveready is top notch…They just don’t do as many p60 hosts as they used too. I’m gonna order a Lumens factory host, just to see how good they are.
    At $18, if it’s no good, I won’t be out much.
    These actually advertise full 6/9 p compatibility.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I removed, and buffed the glass.
    And installed a small grip ring.
    I’m starting to come around, I kind of like it…I was just overly disappointed in the lack of 6p compatibility.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    From eBay, new in package 6Ps are priced at $125 or more. That's a lot higher than I was expecting, but I guess they are long discontinued. According to my spreadsheet, I paid between $50 and $60 for my last batch.

Bodies can be found for less than $40 and Z44 bezels are $45. You don't need the tailcap, so buying the components individually is a good way to do it. I wasn't expecting the bezels to be priced above the bodies. I should check to see how many spare bezels I have. I could spare to sell one, for the $30 I've paid when they were still readily available.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    From eBay, new in package 6Ps are priced at $125 or more. That's a lot higher than I was expecting, but I guess they are long discontinued. According to my spreadsheet, I paid between $50 and $60 for my last batch.

Bodies can be found for less than $40 and Z44 bezels are $45. You don't need the tailcap, so buying the components individually is a good way to do it. I wasn't expecting the bezels to be priced above the bodies. I should check to see how many spare bezels I have. I could spare to sell one, for the $30 I've paid when they were still readily available.
    The only issue, is that they’d have to be sent off for boring. The w2 modules that I plan to use need a battery that can deliver continuous 8a draw.
    By the time I buy two off eBay, and send them off for boring, I’m looking at $325 minimum. That compiled with two $100 potted modules, Hot buttons etc. These are beater weapons. The body is the best place to go cheap, just so the threads match. The P60 module will be heat sinked, and potted. There is very little that can go wrong.
    What happened with the Ultrafire, was solely due to me believing a review conducted by someone who had no Idea what they were saying. The Lumens Factory host advertises full 6 and 9 p compatibility.
    These hosts have been around for a while, I remember people on CPF had very good things to say about them…I
    At the time was satisfied with SolarForce.
    Last edited by camoman; 01-30-23 at 19:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quality glass can be ordered here:

https://flashlightlens.com/ucl-v3-le...ted-borofloat/

Just measure and order what size you need.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    From eBay, new in package 6Ps are priced at $125 or more.
    That's fukking annoying. You still have to mod it out to LED.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ya, totally annoying, but the Solarforce prices are even more ridiculous. There aren't any L2Ps for sale, which surprised me. I'm sure hundreds of thousands of them have been made. You can get a carbon fiber L2C for $115 or an L2M for $75. I used to have an L2M. I put an ugly tinted Surefire LED drop-in in it and gave it away. The recipient thought it was great.

My garage beater light is an L2P with an old Malkoff 260 lumen M61. I've run over it many times with my creeper, so the bezel and tailcap are chewed up, but the body's not too bad, just scratched where the pocket clip was dragged across, probably from the creeper.....I paid $23 for it. Since I use it in the cold garage, I run CR123s in it, instead of an 18650. If you pay for shipping, I'll send you the body.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My garage beater light is an L2P with an old Malkoff 260 lumen M61. I've run over it many times with my creeper, so the bezel and tailcap are chewed up, but the body's not too bad, just scratched where the pocket clip was dragged across, probably from the creeper.....I paid $23 for it. Since I use it in the cold garage, I run CR123s in it, instead of an 18650. If you pay for shipping, I'll send you the body.
    Was that offer directed at markm, or myself?
    If it was directed at me, I’d do more then pay the shipping.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    Was that offer directed at markm, or myself?
    If it was directed at me, I’d do more then pay the shipping.
    It was offered to you. If you want to offer more than shipping, you can pay it forward to someone else in the future.

I must have got this thread mixed up with another one....didn't realize that you'll be running one of Vihn's engines. I need to read through the thread from the start.

Wrapping the drop-in is definitely not optional. I like Oveready's cooling bezels for monster P60s. I sold the TorchLAB triples I used to run in them, but I'll probably pick up an engine worthy of the head at some point.

I'm not familiar with that tailcap. Is it a Solarforce? I used to run a couple XMs, but stopped using tapeswitches soon after. I bought them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It was offered to you. If you want to offer more than shipping, you can pay it forward to someone else in the future.

I must have got this thread mixed up with another one....didn't realize that you'll be running one of Vihn's engines. I need to read through the thread from the start.

Wrapping the drop-in is definitely not optional. I like Oveready's cooling bezels for monster P60s. I sold the TorchLAB triples I used to run in them, but I'll probably pick up an engine worthy of the head at some point.

I'm not familiar with that tailcap. Is it a Solarforce? I used to run a couple XMs, but stopped using tapeswitches soon after. I bought them.
    Well thank you!
    Yes that is a SolarForce tail cap.
    The W2 modules aren’t all that hot, I am currently running 3. They get pretty warm, but nothing the body can’t handle. They are awesome modules for Candela, with spill.
    I guess I will PM you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast