Thread: Thoughts on the PSA AR-V?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thoughts on the PSA AR-V?

Looking for a critique from AR-V users - worth it as an actual PDW, or is this more of a range toy? Reliable? Or pass?

Feedback Score
    IMO, anything pistol cal with the mag not in the magwell is a range toy. Go 300blk.

But thats my uses ymmv.

A mac, mp9, etc can still be kinda concealed. Once you get to prettymuch anything with the mag up front, its going to be overt, and might as well get the benefits of rifle rounds.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-27-23 at 19:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its an ar9 so its more than likely not going to work for any actual real use.

Id just rather build an 8" 556

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cool, thanks! So then the FCG is standard AR stuff, no proprietary parts there?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It comes in a few different barrel lengths, which is great for people who want a 9mm platform. While there is no doubt there are more effective calibers, I would rather have this than a stick in the eye if someone broke into my house at night. I don't see it as being any different than most other blow back 9mm carbines, with the possible exception being that its a PSA item in both price and quality.

For people who aren't familiar with it, the below link gives you a bit of info.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem...a3-pistol.html
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by settingsuns View Post
    Cool, thanks! So then the FCG is standard AR stuff, no proprietary parts there?
    It doesn't say if the FCG uses a 9mm hammer or not.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Haven't shot the AR-V9, but i do own one of the PSA AK-V9s, and it's honestly one of my all time favorite guns to shoot. I have multiple AR-9s, and the AK-V9 is smoother than the AR9s by far.

As for a defensive gun, i'm also not a huge fan of a pistol caliber when i can run a super short 300BLK. But 9mm will work, and they are dang fun to shoot.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Haven't shot the AR-V9, but i do own one of the PSA AK-V9s, and it's honestly one of my all time favorite guns to shoot. I have multiple AR-9s, and the AK-V9 is smoother than the AR9s by far.
    That's been my experience as well. While I don't own either an AR-9 or the AK-V, I have shot both multiple times. The AK-V feels flatter and smoother. Have shot it suppressed a lot as well and haven't seen a malfunction yet, neither has my friend who owns it. It's hard to beat that ALG AKT trigger too.