Thread: 3rd winter build

Feedback Score

3rd winter build

started putting together the 3rd build , Wilson Combat upper lower , have all together minus Barrel , will get the Wilson Combat Super Sniper 20 inch in .223 Wylde

went with the timney 3 lb trigger instead of the Geissele 4.5 SSA-E , its my first Timney trigger , have to be honest , prefer the Geissele

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I assembled nearly the exact same rifle using the same major components, only I opted for the SSA-E. Built Last winter.

It should be an accurate shooter.

I ditched the Vortex Diamondback after sighting it in.........
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-27-23 at 18:13.

Feedback Score
    you have great taste my friend ,lol

Feedback Score
    i have the Hogue Ghillie Green over mold furniture set and am doing the stainless fluted barrel , cant wait to get the barrel , work came to a crawl , builder said we wernt going to slow and then he pulled the rug out from under everyone so have to watch the duckets until it picks back up

i think i should clarify , i dont hate the Timney trigger ,i love the Geissele i have them on i think 5 rifles , i think its more of a matter that its different , im thinking once i get the rifle operational it will probably grow on me , it was on sale at Joe Bobs and i couldnt find the SSA-E on sale nowhere and figured i would switch up and try something different

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My winter upper build, that's going on an existing lower, is all in hand and should finished and assembled tomorrow. It's a Midwest Industries Forged Upper, Midwest Ind G4 15" Rail, Wilson Combat Recon 18" Fluted 5.56 barrel, Wilson Gas Block and Tube, Griffin Taper Mount Minimalist Stealth Flash Suppressor, Wilson Combat BCG and Radian Raptor SL CH.
    Last edited by BobinNC; 01-27-23 at 22:36.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I moved this into here in which it barely passes muster. Please pay attention to forum sections and post accordingly
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    My winter upper build, that's going on an existing lower, is all in hand and should finished and assembled tomorrow. It's a Midwest Industries Forged Upper, Midwest Ind G4 15" Rail, Wilson Combat Recon 18" Fluted 5.56 barrel, Wilson Gas Block and Tube, Griffin Taper Mount Minimalist Stealth Flash Suppressor, Wilson Combat BCG and Radian Raptor SL CH.
    very nice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I moved this into here in which it barely passes muster. Please pay attention to forum sections and post accordingly
    did not post here because i thought the AR Technical forum was for issues/priblems with builds , how to's , tools of the trade , suggestions on componants ,ect

all i posted was how i was doing on a build with a mention of few parts , the trigger was just a opinion comparison so felt it fit better in the general AR forum

Feedback Score
    received the Wilson Combat 20 inch Stainless Super Sniper barrel yesterday , man they ship fast , magnificent barrel, will do final assembly next weekend , ive decided to get the Wilson Combat Nickel BCG for this one, probably a couple weeks to catch my breath from the barrel purchase , i have a Aero Precision in it for now so i can get it test fired hopefully next weekend

i forgot , i put the Timney in my farm gun , it had a milspec in it , i like it , they had the Geissele SSE-A on sale for Valentines Day for $160 on Palmetto so i grabbed it for this rifle
    Last edited by hoopharted; 03-13-23 at 06:00.

Feedback Score
    got it assembled and headspaced today , took it back to my range and have the gas adjusted ,throwing the brass correctly and feeding perfectly , all thats left is lock tite the set screws on the GB and wait for the scope and rings to show up