Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt MSR recall

Feedback Score

Colt MSR recall

This may be old news by now, but did anybody get affected by this?

https://coltrepairmsr.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    This may be old news by now, but did anybody get affected by this?

https://coltrepairmsr.com/
    By what? I'm not clicking links, and certainly not watching videos if someone isn't willing to give a brief summary.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    "Under certain conditions, it is possible that some Colt MSRs may discharge a second round when the trigger is released with a live round in the chamber. Colt has identified the cause of this condition as being hammers installed in certain MSRs that do not meet Colt’s specifications. The issue will be corrected by replacing the hammer in affected MSRs."

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    So you get a free binary trigger. Nice, what a deal.....
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    "Under certain conditions, it is possible that some Colt MSRs may discharge a second round when the trigger is released with a live round in the chamber. Colt has identified the cause of this condition as being hammers installed in certain MSRs that do not meet Colt’s specifications. The issue will be corrected by replacing the hammer in affected MSRs."
    Thank you. This came out awhile back IIRC, I think one person here sent theirs back even though they weren't having issues.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    By what? I'm not clicking links, and certainly not watching videos if someone isn't willing to give a brief summary.
    Important Safety Recall for Certain Modern Sporting Rifles
    Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC (Colt) has recently discovered a potential safety issue with certain of its semi-automatic only Modern Sporting Rifles (“MSR”). Colt is voluntarily initiating a recall to protect the safety of its customers because of the potential for certain MSRs to discharge unintentionally and because of its commitment to the highest standards of quality and customer satisfaction.

To prevent the possibility of death or serious personal injury, you should immediately stop using your MSR and not load or fire it until you have determined if it is affected, and it has been upgraded if necessary.

Under certain conditions, it is possible that some Colt MSRs may discharge a second round when the trigger is released with a live round in the chamber. Colt has identified the cause of this condition as being hammers installed in certain MSRs that do not meet Colt’s specifications. The issue will be corrected by replacing the hammer in affected MSRs.

The recall only covers the following MSRs manufactured beginning on March 5, 2021: AR15A4, CR6700A4, CR6920, CR6920-EPR, CR6920MPS-B, CR6921, CR6921-EPR, CR6933, CR6933-EPR, CR6960, LE6920-EPR, LE6920MPS-B, LE6920-OEM1, LE6920-OEM2, LE6920-R, LE6933-EPR, SP633784, and LE6920SOCOM. These MSRs could still be for sale at dealers TODAY.

The chart to the right lists all the serial numbers for those models that may potentially be subject to the recall.

Feedback Score
    I've heard some grumbling about Colt outsourcing components and sacrificing quality. But other than this trigger issue I can't recall any other recent problems.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've heard some grumbling about Colt outsourcing components and sacrificing quality. But other than this trigger issue I can't recall any other recent problems.
    I think that was a specific model that was a company that got the colt logo use of trademark that made those.
    I forget who the youtuber was but a few years back he was in a body brace from i think spinal surgery and thats where I learned about this.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    If your Colt has Schmid Tool trigger parts you have nothing to worry about.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I forget who the youtuber was but a few years back he was in a body brace from i think spinal surgery and thats where I learned about this.
    Small Arms Solutions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast