Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA's new "Duty Grade" Sabre series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

PSA's new "Duty Grade" Sabre series

I'm sure they'll sell a ton of these. Somehow, their "Sabre" logo reminds me of a Saudi Arabian insignia.:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-rifle-series/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I'm sure they'll sell a ton of these. Somehow, their "Sabre" logo reminds me of a Saudi Arabian insignia.:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-rifle-series/
    No pics, no real info, and no reviews from anyone credible. On top of it only being a video, I'm tired of TFB auto running video popups so they can inflate their viewing numbers.

If someone else enjoys blindly watching videos, please feel free to post up intel that we can talk about.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Just for you Stick, the link has pictures:

"PSA is bringing out another big line this year SHOT Show 2023 with the new Sabre Premium Ar-15s. The plan from PSA is to have the “best AR out of the box for under $1000″ with the new Sabre AR-15s. They will be coming out this February in a mix of forged and billet receiver options, except for one model that is still in the works as an accurized 20” AR-15."

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2023...ium-ar-15-psa/
    Last edited by Slater; 01-28-23 at 13:57.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

PSA's new "Duty Grade" Sabre series

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    No pics, no real info, and no reviews from anyone credible. On top of it only being a video, I'm tired of TFB auto running video popups so they can inflate their viewing numbers.

If someone else enjoys blindly watching videos, please feel free to post up intel that we can talk about.
    Yep, I don’t even pay attention to them any more. I’ll keep my other opinions about them in my mind.

I don’t own any PSA stuff, but they’re on our side and I am rooting for them to make as much money as they can.

I also have a soft spot in my heart for S. Carolina since I was stationed there for a number of years.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-30-23 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I don’t think I’d buy one, but I’m glad they’re doing it, as it’s another choice on the market for the working man. Not everybody has $2k sitting around to spend on DD, LMT, KAC, etc. plus optic and ammo. I figure one of these on a Black Friday deal, plus 1,000 rounds of surplus green tip, and an Aimpoint PRO would set somebody up pretty good without exceeding the cost of a top tier rifle without optic. Lastly PSA seems to support the 2A, so kudos to them.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’ve used a few of their lowers. All were in spec and worked without issues.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Personally i like seeing companies like PSA, Holosun, and Primary Arms being super successful. It's good for the industry and the gun community, and all 3 of those companies have come a long ways improving their quality over the years, and are now putting out some cool stuff.

Yes the early PTAC and Freedom lines of PSA sucked, and so did the early Holosun stuff and even some Primary Arms optics. But now Holosun is one of the go-to pistol optics on the market and one of the few companies innovating and pushing new advancements with red dots. Primary Arms is making a lot of really good scopes, especially in the LPVO department, and PSA has a lot of reliable guns in a LOT of American homes and constantly putting out new types of guns.

If you only want to run KAC/Noveske/LMT/BCM/Colt stuff, awesome, but you can't argue that PSA has stepped up their game.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ill see if I can find the video where one of the PSA guys was interviewed about the Sabre line. But from my understanding the Sabre line is their top of the line which includes the "duty guns" but that doesnt mean all of them are "duty" rifles. The duty rifle they talked about had normal receivers, FN hammer forged chrome lined barrel or a nitrided one, their new handguard, and a Microbest BCG.

They also had a Sabre rifle that was a gamer type gun with a hydraulic buffer system, billet receivers, and a skeletonized BCG. But I dont think he referred to that one as a duty rifle.

As far as PSA in general, I know they had some issues early on but I havent seen anything bad recently. Ived used a few of their lowers and they have been fine. Several other misc parts as well. I know guys with several of their complete rifles and they run fine.

I wouldn't trade in my Colt or Daniel Defense duty rifles for one at this time. But for my non "serious use" rifles, I have no issue buying from them.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm tired of TFB auto running video popups so they can inflate their viewing numbers.
    +1. Its wicked annoying, especially since they switched to infinite scrolling. I miss the old TFB, that had long and technical articles, at a less frequent post rate, and no videos. Its become nothing more than forum posts and youtube plugs, except for a couple of the writers.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nope. Too much ambidextrous stuff for me as usual with a lot of these new rifles. Those handguards at first glance look a little strange to me as well, especially where it mates with the receiver as shown in that outdoorhub link. And skeletonized bolt carrier groups have always been a hard pass in my book.

Someone mentioned the logo...to me it looks like they kinda ripped it off from US Palm.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast