Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA's new "Duty Grade" Sabre series

Feedback Score
    You know how newer Kia/Hyundai are way nicer than they were in the 90's and 2000's.....

That's how I feel about PSA. Still won't buy one.
    Maybe it's the stigma? The resale? I don't know.

I'm sure they're fine guns though, just can't bring myself to buy one, like a Kia.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 01-29-23 at 18:51.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i do like the more heavily fenced mag release. as lefty, some lower have a tendency to pop the mag release for me when slung on my back

that overly bulbuls FA is gross though.

Feedback Score
    Has their QC improved on this "duty grade" product? Quality components don't really matter if they don't inspect the product and build

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Still won’t buy PSA.
    Their reputation of poor quality and my experience of it has turned me away. The PTAC was a nightmare
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 01-30-23 at 06:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I'm going the other way.

Hell I'm even staying away from Toolcraft after PSA bought them. MicroBest or bust, I guess. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It’s funny this new Sabre carbine has a MicroBest bcg.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    As a project, I ordered a PSA 10.5 "build kit" and a M4A1 lower. Milled out the lower for the M16 pocket, punched the third pin, dropped in the M16 trigger kit and filed the form 2.

First 10 rounds were on semi auto to see just how over gassed the thing was. Surprisingly, I've had Daniel Defense guns more over gassed. This PSA was definitely on the "plenty of gas to do the trick" but not as bad as Anderson or CMMG guns I've tested.

The next 300 rounds with the complete 10.5in PSA Nitride upper were on full auto and not one single hiccup. Even did another 300 with my Huntertown Arms Kestral 556 that I'm purposely trying to melt because its such a crappy suppressor that I won't use it for anything but this kind of thing. Definitely can tell its over gassed with that on there but still wasn't as violent as some other uppers.

PSA definitely isn't KAC or BCM but its absolutely not bottom grade or even bottom of the mid tier pack. For the Mid-Tier crowd, its on the top of that grade.

I appreciate what PSA is doing. Their mission goal is "An AR15 in every home" so its undeniably "In Common Use". That right there is why I buy lowers and other things from them.

Along with the fact that they are producing everything (other than their "premium barrels") in house and selling direct to consumer for their AR15 and AR10, plus the Jakyl, their AK line has improved dramatically in quality and everything but the injection modeled parts for their handguns are made in house. I applaud them for what they are doing.

Their ammo line AAC ammo is some pretty good stuff too.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    29 (97%)
    I completly agree. I have a friend of mine that bought a complete PSA AR-15 last year and over the course of the year we shot approx. 1500 rounds while out doing drills. Keep in mind this guy had never owned a AR before, actually I think this was his first firearm and that PSA had not 1 problem. Hell, he never even luricated or cleaned the thing! He picked it up from his FFL and juts started shooting the thing and other than being a bit overgased I was very impressed. Im actually lookng at picking up a PSA AR-10 as I have never owned an AR-10 before as I have heard great things about them as well. As stated PSA are not top tier but his rifle has ran just as good as my Geissele Superduty that I spent 2k on. jwfuhrman, I did not know that thier misson was " An AR15 in every home" but I support that for sure and they will be getting my busniess soon.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Semper Paratus AR-15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

PSA's new "Duty Grade" Sabre series

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    No pics, no real info, and no reviews from anyone credible. On top of it only being a video, I'm tired of TFB auto running video popups so they can inflate their viewing numbers.

If someone else enjoys blindly watching videos, please feel free to post up intel that we can talk about.
    Yep, I don’t even pay attention to them any more. I’ll keep my other opinions about them in my mind.

I don’t own any PSA stuff, but they’re on our side and I am rooting for them to make as much money as they can.

I also have a soft spot in my heart for S. Carolina since I was stationed there for a number of years.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-30-23 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I don’t think I’d buy one, but I’m glad they’re doing it, as it’s another choice on the market for the working man. Not everybody has $2k sitting around to spend on DD, LMT, KAC, etc. plus optic and ammo. I figure one of these on a Black Friday deal, plus 1,000 rounds of surplus green tip, and an Aimpoint PRO would set somebody up pretty good without exceeding the cost of a top tier rifle without optic. Lastly PSA seems to support the 2A, so kudos to them.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’ve used a few of their lowers. All were in spec and worked without issues.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast