Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PSA's new "Duty Grade" Sabre series

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Even UTG Leapers is trying hard to be a player in the AR components market, and I used to think they were Airsoft only.
    They are finding it very hard to be taken seriously in todays AR market. I wonder if it would have been better for them to label it "UTG REAL STEEL" or something similar so people would know they aren't buying airsoft stuff. I don't dislike airsoft, and I don't dislike their parts, but I think people need to know there is a time and place for real weapon components.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have several sets of the UTG PRO scope rings on my air rifles and they are pretty well made. Probably overbuilt for pcp airguns but for the price they are nice.

Feedback Score
    Very innovative company.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I'd rather have an Aero upper and lower, or more over the IWI AR is well appointed for around $850
    Yes on the IWI but no on Aero. I’ve been more and more dissatisfied/disappointed with Aero over the last two years and would get a PSA instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I'm sure they'll sell a ton of these. Somehow, their "Sabre" logo reminds me of a Saudi Arabian insignia.:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-rifle-series/
    That palm tree with the crossed sabers does show up a lot in SA . . . .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    They are finding it very hard to be taken seriously in todays AR market. I wonder if it would have been better for them to label it "UTG REAL STEEL" or something similar so people would know they aren't buying airsoft stuff. I don't dislike airsoft, and I don't dislike their parts, but I think people need to know there is a time and place for real weapon components.
    I bought a "duty grade" ar15 from a local assembler. The rail, butt stock and trigger guard is UTG. I am not impressed with how they feel. And the rifle ended up just being a local "PSA" grade rifle. tactical edge arms barrel, none chromed lined.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The sad part is most of their furniture didnt even fit airsoft stuff, And most people dropping coin on the high end stuff was making clones and not using utg parts. Most of airsoft stuff is aimed at clones of military stuff.

UTG and condor and the like are in the middle, they make comparatively cheap stuff that can fit both groups.
    Hell some airsoft branded soft gear are actually over built.

Maxpedition makes an awesome dump pouch but refuse to make anything in camo and I wanted a small rollypoli and the brand at the time was called phantom gear and they made one and I will be damned, it was $10 and Its the only one I kept when I was forced to leave airsoft because everyone left.

Just checked back and maxpedition is doing a bogo sale of them, and now condor is taking up filling in where phantom used to be.
    They made great clones and now condor is going to ruin it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345