Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSA's new "Duty Grade" Sabre series

Feedback Score
    Personally i like seeing companies like PSA, Holosun, and Primary Arms being super successful. It's good for the industry and the gun community, and all 3 of those companies have come a long ways improving their quality over the years, and are now putting out some cool stuff.

Yes the early PTAC and Freedom lines of PSA sucked, and so did the early Holosun stuff and even some Primary Arms optics. But now Holosun is one of the go-to pistol optics on the market and one of the few companies innovating and pushing new advancements with red dots. Primary Arms is making a lot of really good scopes, especially in the LPVO department, and PSA has a lot of reliable guns in a LOT of American homes and constantly putting out new types of guns.

If you only want to run KAC/Noveske/LMT/BCM/Colt stuff, awesome, but you can't argue that PSA has stepped up their game.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    but you can't argue that PSA has stepped up their game.
    I absolutely agree.

My hangup with this is in the definition of “duty”. When I see aluminum swivel cups, faddish cuts on the front of the handguard, and aesthetically-oriented billet receivers, I don’t think “minimum cost and weight to reliably and durably achieve specific requirements and goals”. Will it work? Probably. Will most users be happy? Certainly. Does PSA further the 2a? Yeah, I think so. But I think for a lot of people “duty gun” has come to mean “cool” and “upgraded” or “it goes bang”. I think its likely that these rifles will fit that.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    but you can't argue that PSA has stepped up their game.
    I think most lower tier AR manufacturers have stepped up their compared to 10-15 years ago, still plenty of room for improvement with many.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I absolutely agree.

My hangup with this is in the definition of “duty”. When I see aluminum swivel cups, faddish cuts on the front of the handguard, and aesthetically-oriented billet receivers, I don’t think “minimum cost and weight to reliably and durably achieve specific requirements and goals”. Will it work? Probably. Will most users be happy? Certainly. Does PSA further the 2a? Yeah, I think so. But I think for a lot of people “duty gun” has come to mean “cool” and “upgraded” or “it goes bang”. I think its likely that these rifles will fit that.
    I'm not going to buy a duty gun just because someone what to call their bullshit "Duty Grade", for all I know that misspelled "dooty".
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'm not going to buy a duty gun just because someone what to call their bullshit "Duty Grade", for all I know that misspelled "dooty".
    I agree with both of these statements. A lot of companies like to throw around that term, and it doesn't necessarily mean something is solid. I also am not a fan of the aesthetic cool guy stuff, but i personally appreciate some ambi features companies are starting to apply.

Feedback Score
    PSA is love, hate, love for myself. In terms of their 556 they're awesome, and I'm proud of them. I guess these guys are trying to put their name out there next to HK, and Knights Armament.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ill see if I can find the video where one of the PSA guys was interviewed about the Sabre line. But from my understanding the Sabre line is their top of the line which includes the "duty guns" but that doesnt mean all of them are "duty" rifles. The duty rifle they talked about had normal receivers, FN hammer forged chrome lined barrel or a nitrided one, their new handguard, and a Microbest BCG.

They also had a Sabre rifle that was a gamer type gun with a hydraulic buffer system, billet receivers, and a skeletonized BCG. But I dont think he referred to that one as a duty rifle.

As far as PSA in general, I know they had some issues early on but I havent seen anything bad recently. Ived used a few of their lowers and they have been fine. Several other misc parts as well. I know guys with several of their complete rifles and they run fine.

I wouldn't trade in my Colt or Daniel Defense duty rifles for one at this time. But for my non "serious use" rifles, I have no issue buying from them.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    . But from my understanding the Sabre line is their top of the line which includes the "duty guns" but that doesnt mean all of them are "duty" rifles. The duty rifle they talked about had normal receivers, FN hammer forged chrome lined barrel or a nitrided one, their new handguard, and a Microbest BCG.
    Its possible that I’ve misunderstood.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its possible that I’ve misunderstood.
    Who knows, maybe I did. I cant find the video on YouTube now. We will find out when they are released. I do know the rifle I described the guy said was the "duty gun". Whether he said the same thing about the fancy rifle, I cant confirm since I cant find the video anymore.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PSA and "duty grade" go together like toothpaste and orange juice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast