Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Braced Firearm same as SBR? Or its own new NFA Category?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    At 119 days if we haven't won, I will make my guns legal.
    Do you have any other NFA items? If you do, then having a few more won't put you any more on their radar than you already are. If you don't, then you might want to have someone who is very familiar with eforms on the ready to walk you through the process. It can be very confusing to a first time user.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Do you have any other NFA items? If you do, then having a few more won't put you any more on their radar than you already are. If you don't, then you might want to have someone who is very familiar with eforms on the ready to walk you through the process. It can be very confusing to a first time user.
    I think what he meant is just take the braces off. That's what I will do, or would do if I had any which of course I do not.

Take the braces off, separate the halves, store in different locations, wait for the SCOTUS beat down of Biden's ATF.

Fighting on 2 fronts here, IL passed a law requiring me to register all my "assault weapons". To sbr in IL before this happened have to get a C&R, which I think you have to have a local leo sign off on, then nfa which you have to have a local leo sign off on, and just a major league pain in the dick. Hell, I can't even sell my shit unless I ship it out of state which is also a major league pain in the dick to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I think what he meant is just take the braces off.
    Oh yes. I momentarily forgot about that option. That's what 99% of the people who do not have NFA items will do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I think what he meant is just take the braces off. That's what I will do, or would do if I had any which of course I do not.

Take the braces off, separate the halves, store in different locations, wait for the SCOTUS beat down of Biden's ATF.

Fighting on 2 fronts here, IL passed a law requiring me to register all my "assault weapons". To sbr in IL before this happened have to get a C&R, which I think you have to have a local leo sign off on, then nfa which you have to have a local leo sign off on, and just a major league pain in the dick. Hell, I can't even sell my shit unless I ship it out of state which is also a major league pain in the dick to me.
    Try using a pen, instead. That shouldn’t hurt at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Both myself and my company have NFA items. I will not go for the "FREE" tax stamp, as I just don't trust free from the government.

I will remove the braces and they will go to a different physical location, so nobody will be able to play stupid games with me.

I will then SBR the guns .

I know many people will say, Yoni your being stupid take the "FREE" stamp. But if the ATF plan is to screw with a ton of gun owners, then I am not involved. The cost if I were to be involved would be thousands in lawyer cost. If it isn't a trap and I don't take part in it to SBR the guns will cost me $1000.

It is not only a matter of principal for me, it is a straight business choice. One choice has a known down side financially, $1000. The other choice has a potential unknown total cost and maybe even jail.

I still think we are going to win on the brace issue, and I believe we have about 60% chance of SBR thrown out of NFA. Since if we win on the brace issue it will make SBR null and void for all practical purpose.

Feedback Score
    You're right not to trust them. Basically paying $1,000 that you would normally have paid anyway for an insurance policy is certainly understandable. I personally think that they'd have virtually zero chance of convicting someone after saying that braces are legal, then claiming that they're felonies, then offering an amnesty and then reneging on the amnesty. However, this only applies if someone has the money to fight them all the way to the end in federal court. Most people don't, so to them it's not worth the risk.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpg366 View Post
    Try using a pen, instead. That shouldn’t hurt at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Funny man. Regular comedian.

Feedback Score
    What is this BS? It's not about "staying below the radar".

It's about not adding your legal stuff to their illegal gun regsitry. Up until A hole ATF came along with this new rule, all the pistol stuff was legal.

Some people get it, others do not. So be it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    What is this BS? It's not about "staying below the radar".

It's about not adding your legal stuff to their illegal gun regsitry. Up until A hole ATF came along with this new rule, all the pistol stuff was legal.

Some people get it, others do not. So be it.
    And some people can read and understand context. Do whatever you want. I'll be perfectly happy for you if you don't comply with this BS (if it's not thrown out).

Feedback Score
    You're right not to trust them. Basically paying $1,000 that you would normally have paid anyway for an insurance policy is certainly understandable. I personally think that they'd have virtually zero chance of convicting someone after saying that braces are legal, then claiming that they're felonies, then offering an amnesty and then reneging on the amnesty. However, this only applies if someone has the money to fight them all the way to the end in federal court. Most people don't, so to them it's not worth the risk.
    I have the means to fight them all the way, but I wouldn't. If I were to be arrested for this crap, it would greatly effect my company and future business. We like a lot of people were hurt by the shut downs and now business is coming back and shows signs of being better than ever.

An arrest would lose some of my valuable contacts, and it isn't worth it . I would take a cutting torch to the 5 guns I own before I would be arrested.

I think it crazy that I can think of multiple countries that when it comes to guns I would have more freedom than in the USA. Also in at least one of those countries I could live there and make tons of money and bank it in that country and never pay 1 cent in income tax.

I could even go back to Israel and due to affiliations be issued guns. But Israel is even more effed than the USA right now with internal issues. Plus I would get killed on taxes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast