Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Braced Firearm same as SBR? Or its own new NFA Category?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you seen the #'s of actual SBR's and machineguns in the US? They are all in common use according to the #'s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Have you seen the #'s of actual SBR's and machineguns in the US? They are all in common use according to the #'s.

if we are being fair i would not say FA is common use unless you are a ghetto rat knocking Pookie and Loquacious of your dope corner

i agree 100% that SBRs are common use even under the NFA rule , the reason i separate the two is , outside of my service ive never seen a FA in the wild , yet ive seen quite a few SBR rifles , we can only hope they can use common use rule to remove SBRs from NFA , i feel we need to take it a step at a time , if we go at the NFA as a whole and try to golden bullet it and miss it can damage the fight as a whole , but if we chip away at NFA like removing suppressors , SBR's we can strengthen the argument that the NFA as a whole is not only pointless but also unconstitutional and get it stricken

but the way things are stacking up is we have a great case to stop the brace rule so i will wait to let that play out and not go SBR , not only that sheriffs across the country have come out and stated they will not lift a finger to aid the ATF in enforcement ,and the ATF does not have the ability to do so on their own , so do with that what you will , if we lose i will remove the brace , im too old not to play the game right

as for suppressors , if Texas wins their Made in Texas suppressor case that sets precedent for all states to follow enabling citizens to manufacture their own suppressors , and sell suppressors within their state and only restricted to remain within the state of manufacture , if you were take a legal state suppressor and cross state line with it it is now back under federal rule , meaning if you made a suppressor and its legal in your state and you wanted to go out of state it would now be subject to NFA ,state manufactured suppressors will require markings as such , the bi product of this suppressor case is the individual States are starting to regain control to govern 2a on state level without overlord meddling , ie ATF loses its ability to rule over firearm and accessories that remain within any given state , in turn rendering the ATF inert

I no longer support the NRA , i support the GOA, i havnt seen the NRA in a fight for so long , factor in the misappropriation of funds scandal by their leaders ,im done with them, also i have 2 years on my current membership and last month they phone harassed me 17 times in a month to renew

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    if Texas wins their Made in Texas suppressor case
    I was not aware Texas was doing that. I'll keep my ear to the ground with that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopharted View Post
    i was firmly in the Form 1 crowd , but more and more research the whole thing just came across more and more sketchy , then the bump stock was overturned ,and that flipped me into the screw them camp and here is why
    ATF is very corrupt.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...s-the-country/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    not real bright either , what about the janitor in Martinsburg Wv they allowed to walk out the door with confiscated weapons for years as he was selling them , it took years to catch onto him, how many of those weapons made it into Pookie and Laquatious's hands as they used them to defend their dope corner in B-More , yet its us that are the problem

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    25 states are suing over this nonsense, I would take a wait and see.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    my WV AG led the way on that

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    After doing a little sleuthing around, there's a good % of legal folks who fear this illegal BS and went ahead and already filed the special form-1.
    Many argued "I am already a form-1 user, so what difference does it make?"

The point of not doing what you are told by some BS govt dept, is to keep your stuff out of their MS SQL database. It makes no sense to willingly comply to their illegal BS so that they can inventory your stuff. I might suspect, with the multi state lawsuit(s) in the works, it may take longer than 120 days to reconcile, and at that time the ATF will just pull back their BS rule, but at the same time they already have all your info.

This ATF BS was well crafted, they already knew it would go to the courts, they already knew it would take longer than 120 days to go through the courts. ATF could have crafted any BS they wanted under that same context, and enforced it.

Question is though, why is there no temp injunction yet? Something to just put a pause on the end date of their 120 day limit. Then if that injunction is lifted the end date gets pushed out accordingly. Makes 100% sense to do that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    It makes no sense to willingly comply to their illegal BS so that they can inventory your stuff. I might suspect, with the multi state lawsuit(s) in the works, it may take longer than 120 days to reconcile, and at that time the ATF will just pull back their BS rule, but at the same time they already have all your info.
    I would say that it makes sense to go ahead and do it if you have a braced pistol that you were planning on SBR'ing anyway. In this scenario, you're not providing them any information that you were not going to provide them anyway. The upside is that $200 is saved, no additional engraving is required, and you end up with a defacto factory SBR.

Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    Thanks! So if you wanted to SBR an AR this is a good opportunity to save $200?
    Only if it was configured as a braced pistol on the day that the ATF published the rule in the federal register.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Only if it was configured as a braced pistol on the day that the ATF published the rule in the federal register.
    Every AR I own was built on a lower transferred as "other". That is the only thing either I or the ATF could prove or disprove.

Andy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast